IP2M-841 lags after firmware upgrade

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
eclipse

IP2M-841 lags after firmware upgrade

Post by eclipse »

Titlle says it all. There is a long lag from issuing a pan or tilt command to when the camera responds. This began afterI finally got around to upgrading to the latest firmware. This happens on both wireless and wired connections. Prior to the firmware upgrade, the cam responded immediately. Any ideas?
longedge
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841 lags after firmware upgrade

Post by longedge »

This is in line with my own experience. I've found that my cameras are most responsive after they have been re-booted and one of the things that I've done to get around this is to set them to reboot every day.

Although they seem almost to go to sleep, the RTSP feed is always 100%. I have Amcrest Surveillance Pro running 24/7 on my PC and even when ther cameras are being 'reluctant' the video feed is still perfect.

Can I ask, after you updated the camera firmware, did you do a factory reset? It's the final step that is required in an update but some people forget to do it.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
eclipse

Post by eclipse »

I did perform a factory reset after the upgrade, but did it via the UI in the browser as opposed to the physical reset button on the camera. Not sure if that makes any difference.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

For the Camera Via is Software Reset when you use the button it is Hardware Reset personally I have had some luck with both methods however if problem persists I then do the Hardware Reset and seems to clear things up...
Be Safe.
eclipse

Post by eclipse »

Thanks. I will try that if the problem persists.