AD110 Live View broken in iOS after recent app update 3.7?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
peteraquino

AD110 Live View broken in iOS after recent app update 3.7?

Post by peteraquino »

Phone: iPhone XS Max
AD110 Firmware: 1.000.00AC006.0.R.200922
Amcrest Smart Home Version: 3.7.0

Ever since the recent Smart Home app update to version 3.7, I am no longer able to access Live View on the AD110 doorbell. I am also not able to answer/connect to the device when it's ringing. I have confirmed that the device is still connected to the network and the video feed is working as I can still see the feed through my NVR via the Amcrest View Pro app.

So far I have attempted the following to resolve the issue, without success:
  • Rebooted the doorbell
  • Logged out of the Amcrest Smart Home App and logged back in
  • Uninstalled the Smart Home App, then reinstalled the app
The last step, which I'd prefer not to have to do, is to factory reset the doorbell and/or remove the device from my account. I really don't want to have to go through there setup and sharing process all over again if it's avoidable, also it seems unlikely that the doorbell is the issue here since I can still see it through the NVR app. Any one else have this issue or know an easy way to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
-Pete
peteraquino

Re: AD110 Live View broken in iOS after recent app update 3.7?

Post by peteraquino »

Just wanted to follow up that at least one other user has confirmed that they are unable to use Live View after the software update:
https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... 14675.html

Is anyone aware of a better place for us to officially submit bug reports?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Best thing to do is if your having issues with the device or software for Amcrest it might be best to contact them via support email or by phone is the fastest way to get bugs worked out..
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

The issue with live view freezing at 99% is sometimes caused by non-SmartHome software making a configuration change to the AD110 that confuses it. This does not sound like what may have caused your issue though, but if it was, then a factory reset should fix it.

I read on a post over on ipcamtalk forum of a someone who ran into this issue which was due to his phone connecting to Wifi @5Ghz.
the live video problem was solved. It turned out that the phone itself was set up to connect to both 2g and 5g wifi and was constantly reconnecting to 5g. Once i forgot the settings in the android for wifi 5g.....it would connect to 2g wireless and everything worked.
So from his description, he has separate SSID's for each band and has to force his phone to only connect to 2.4Ghz. I prefer to combine both bands with the same SSID and don't run into this problem.