Doorbell notification is unnoticeable

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
leonardomrc

Doorbell notification is unnoticeable

Post by leonardomrc »

When someone presses the button at my Amcrest doorbell, it sends a very simple notification to my cell phone. It vibrates once or twice and that's it. The result is that I always miss the call.

Is there any way to change the settings to receive a noise or something that would really call my attention?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Doorbell notification is unnoticeable

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Sadly it seems something is off after the last App update because my phone only Vibrate as well after new Update and only tone change seems to change the tone on the camera only not alert on phone tone.. Will have to pass that along.. Thanks for pointing this out as I never paid much attention to things after update or tested it besides once and thought it was only muted because I had app up already..
Be Safe.
leonardomrc

Post by leonardomrc »

Oh! I didn't know how it used to work before since I just started with this doorbell! I guess I will have to wait for a future update.
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

I noticed the same. When it should work...I should get the call and then be able to answer the call and ask who is at the door. Instead I get a quick ring and thats it. No time to answer since it hangs up or goes away. I also notice that sometime I get a delay in the chimes from the time they press the button..and the slo-mo playback using the app. Considering this unit has been out over a year now and the app is not up to par...makes ya wonder
leonardomrc

Post by leonardomrc »

Anyone has any idea of how I can solve this?
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@leonardomrc @Fleegle

Does the info in this related post help?
https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... tml#p35235
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

If there was a way to downgrade to the last version, that would be nice. Also lost the WDR when going to the new version.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Not much to be gained by downgrading from 922 IMO. If WDR tweaking is what you are after, refer to this post from a few days ago:
https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... 0-s40.html

What else besides the WDR option were you hoping to gain by downgrading?