ASH26 How does one access the web interface?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Tomw

ASH26 How does one access the web interface?

Post by Tomw »

I have a new ASH26. I can't access the web interface. (Works fine with the phone app)
When I enter the ip address in my browser it say it can't find it. I know I have the correct address.
GaryOkie

Re: ASH26 How does one access the web interface?

Post by GaryOkie »

You can't. There isn't a local web interface on any SmartHome device.
uh2

Post by uh2 »

Try the SmartPSS app: https://dahuawiki.com/SmartPSS
Tomw

Post by Tomw »

I am very sorry to hear this. I feel I have wasted my money because I can not use this camera on my PC or with third party programs that use URL's to get streaming video and snapshots directly from the camera. :-(
I also would like to control the floodlight from a computer program as well. All of this is impossible?
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@Tomw - Not at all. You asked about a web interface via the device IP which I interpreted to mean the typical camera web-based user interface to configure settings. That does not exist and the SmartHome app should be used for configurations.

An Amcrest HTTP API is available in SmartHome products and you can certainly stream and record via RTSP using an NVR or 3rd party apps such as VNC, BlueIris, and Home Assistant.

That's not to say though that the API is fully compatible. Some of the extensions made for SmartHome devices are NOT documented in any public API that I know of. Early on, use of IPConfigTool, SmartPSS, et.al, could easily cause an SH device to have to be factory reset or in some cases, get bricked and RMA'd to replace. That may still be the case with the latest firmware, but we don't know for sure since Amcrest doesn't share much detail about what is fixed.
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

I know for a fact that surveillance station on my synology easily connects to port 80 on the camera and is able to use RSTP to get the video so I can see it using DS CAM or the app.
Tomw

Post by Tomw »

I may be showing my lack of understanding, but I'm not familiar with "SmartHome" products. Where do I find the API you are mentioning? ("Amcrest HTTP API is available in SmartHome products" )

I would like to make the camera work in MotionEye, and possibly Blue Iris. I'm hoping the above API will have the information I need.

Is the ASH26 ONVIF compliant?
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

Tomw wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:07 pm I may be showing my lack of understanding, but I'm not familiar with "SmartHome" products. Where do I find the API you are mentioning? ("Amcrest HTTP API is available in SmartHome products" )

I would like to make the camera work in MotionEye, and possibly Blue Iris. I'm hoping the above API will have the information I need.

Is the ASH26 ONVIF compliant?
As far as I know it is ONVIF. Thats what I am using on my Synology Surveillance Station to talk to the camera
jjwelly2

Post by jjwelly2 »

Hello, I came across this post while trying to figure out how to access the interface of my ASH26, and this post answered one of my questions regarding web interface configuration, which you can not do it sounds. I am trying to set a static IP on this camera and cannot figure out how. There seems to be no settings in the smart home app for network. You can only select the wifi network to join. I also tried using the IP config tool but it does not work either. There's only settings for the wired ethernet card, and the dropdown does not have the wireless card. Is it possible to set the wireless IP to a static IP?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@jjwelly2 Hello and Welcome to the forum

While there might not be any access to the Lights IP address for setting a Static IP the good news is most not all but most Routers have that option built into the system. My picture is of one of my Routers that has 1 Doorbell, and 1 ASh26 connected to it. The Doorbell I left on a Lower IP for my reasons the Light I changed and it is on a Higher IP. Normally it was loaded in at 33. However I took it up to 233 please see the Lights picture showing IP both reflect the Routers Static Setting.. When you first setup your Router and it makes the setting, your ASH26 will need to be rebooted to reflect the new IP at least it was in my case. Then after every reboot or Power down the IP address will always be what is listed in your Routers Table...
22.06.2021_10.41.27_REC.png
22.06.2021_10.41.27_REC.png (18.67 KiB) Viewed 3113 times
20210622_105035.jpg
20210622_105035.jpg (164.06 KiB) Viewed 3113 times
Be Safe.