AD110 - Connection Issues

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
testuser

AD110 - Connection Issues

Post by testuser »

Hi All,

I setup an AD110 recently and I used to be able to view this camera consistently, but now it's decided to not work anymore. Either via the Amcrest app it always says playback error, or I get one frame per minute if I'm lucky when viewing the RTSP stream. Recordings are also extremely laggy as well. I had it connected to my Orbi, but that was a failure, so I setup a dedicated AP for it within a few feet of the device. Literally no other traffic on it and it is a dedicated 2.4Ghz AP. I... am at a complete loss because this is the most ideal environment I can provide it. What else can I possibly do? I removed/added the device as well when attempting to connect to the new AP. Thoughts?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 - Connection Issues

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Need to make sure your AP is setup to provide a bridge and not a different network environment...

Depending on how the AP was setup some can be made to work with ability to work within the same Network range as your normal router where if not setup right might have its own range..

Say your Main system is setup as 192.168.34.1 and handing out IP's 2-254
Your AP when setup is handing out IP 192.168.1.2-254 and is setup as a DHCP Server..

So in this case you would want to make sure that your AP is setup without being a DHCP server and just lets your normal Router hand out the IP addresses and this will keep the Ip within the same range

Off hand this is only thing that I could think that it could be.. Sadly there are many things that can go wrong if there is no single Network environment and might be outside the scope of support..
Be Safe.
testuser

Post by testuser »

Yes, it was DHCP'd to the same class C, and it is a single network. For what it's worth, this happened with the Orbi as well.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I am not sure how your setting up your network..

Router 1 gives IP address to router 2 and router 2 hands out IP to Ad110 in the same range as router 1 sadly it will not work like this.. Router 2 will cause a Firewall effect and not let anything outside the network in without opening the router to do that... That can be done using a DMZ setting or something of that type setting.. However your second router if it is going to be setup to give out IP (DHCP Server) you will want to hand out different range of IPs because it might cause connection issues...
Be Safe.
testuser

Post by testuser »

No, that's not how this works. This is a secondary AP broadcasting a 2.4Ghz signal. AP-only mode does not function as a router, and therefore only one router. This is not the issue. Hope that clears things up for you.

The signal for some odd reason for this device is extremely laggy, but I don't have any means of testing its latency (unless if there's an API that serves as that function).
testuser

Post by testuser »

I learned that once I killed my RTSP stream of the HD feed for my AD110, the SD feed runs perfectly smoothly in my Amcrest app. The WiFi module (or the MCU) are heavily underpowered. Unfortunately though, the HD stream just 100% refuses to stream at all in the app. It instantly says that it failed and to refresh/retry.

I'd also like to hopefully get another opinion here on this.
testuser

Post by testuser »

It doesn't look like I can edit this post, but I'd like to add the following screenshot which shows a cropped, random artifacting in my HD stream (on top of the lag), seen here: https://imgur.com/a/NvoKIn1.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

this is the picture i saw. to me it looks like a network issue. hope you have another router or ap to test.
4iYPtbZ.png
4iYPtbZ.png (135.64 KiB) Viewed 566 times
from my own experience, the best connection i've seen for the ad110 is for it to connect directly to the main router. i have tested this using consumer home routers (linksys, netgear) and enterprise class ap (aruba, ubiquiti). having another network device between the ad110 and the main router could introduce lag, mesh systems included. the ad110 is also susceptible to interference due to neighboring wireless network because it's outside hence it really needs a solid connection to the main router and radio signal strength does not necessarily amount to a solid connection because of the distance. one cheap and effective solution i've tested with good results is using a dd-wrt wireless client bridge as long as the main router does not have a marvel cpu.
testuser

Post by testuser »

amcrest168 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:37 am this is the picture i saw. to me it looks like a network issue. hope you have another router or ap to test.
4iYPtbZ.png
from my own experience, the best connection i've seen for the ad110 is for it to connect directly to the main router. i have tested this using consumer home routers (linksys, netgear) and enterprise class ap (aruba, ubiquiti). having another network device between the ad110 and the main router could introduce lag, mesh systems included. the ad110 is also susceptible to interference due to neighboring wireless network because it's outside hence it really needs a solid connection to the main router and radio signal strength does not necessarily amount to a solid connection because of the distance. one cheap and effective solution i've tested with good results is using a dd-wrt wireless client bridge as long as the main router does not have a marvel cpu.
Yup, I've tested this on an Orbi and a separate, dedicated AP with no other devices on it (the AP was just a few feet away). It happened even when there were zero devices on the network. I tested that just to completely rule out the network piece being the issue. So at this point, it is a hardware/software issue with the device. Personally, from my experience with these sorts of devices, it looks like an underpowered MCU to me. Any other thoughts?
testuser

Post by testuser »

Yeah, not worth the trouble. Returning it as clearly it's garbage.