AD110 firmware v1.000.00AC006.0.R.200922

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 firmware v1.000.00AC006.0.R.200922

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure why you would think that a FW in a camera would have anything to do with the App allowing other Amcrest Cameras being added into an app.. It was an update to the app that has blocked that.

FW in Camera has nothing to do with the APP.. I am not sure why you think this is something that will ever happen again.. I have been told it was an oversight and will not happen again where Smart Home product is just that.. However some Smart Home products will work over NVR, BI and other ONVIF devices and software as a feature in the cameras... SH uses different type of Server integration...

It is what it is some people need to just learn to accept things as they are and life would be much happier
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I would be very interested to hear your explanation on how exactly the SmartHome app UI often changes after a firmware update since you say that process has nothing do with the app.

amcrest168 is a valued contributor to this forum - why the condescending put down? I don't see how telling anyone to just accept things as they are could be helpful in a community forum devoted to discussing problems and desired features.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry you feel that I put anyone down... To be honest this is not the first time that they have mentioned this I have told them that after I asked Amcrest about this idea of having Normal Amcrest cameras on the SH app I was told that it will not happen and I relayed this info on to them as I was also told from someone that is no longer with Amcrest that they have been informed of that info as well... Then after I tell them this I get a Reply that they were told by email they were still working on it via the R&D and sadly this info isn't the info I am getting.. It should have never been seen by The End User....

How it changes?

Smart Home app is built and has many different software ability. (different Cameras on the Smart home App) They have features that are in the camera z but not yet Open to the Camera in QUestion, The way to open this ability is via a FW update.. WDR is an OPTION that is in the APP SOFTWARE yet I can't access it in 922 as one could in past FW.. That option is there.. What OPTION isn't there any longer with the UPDATED APP being released is the ability for NON smart home cameras from loading on the APP... This was as I was told a Release of the APP that at that time still had Hardware integration support for testing and working with Hardware prior of Smart Home devices being released so staff could load cameras for testing and trouble shooting of the APP before it was released and they thought that part of the app was turned off before the app was released to the public... Once it was found reported as Non Smart home cameras were being loaded into the app a Update of the app and locking mech of the Testing feature was removed... That was done a very short time after the release of the Smart home line and was told again by someone that is no longer at Amcrest that the Feature wasn't a feature and should have never seen the hand of End Users...
Be Safe.
djsteve

Post by djsteve »

I found the reply condescending and unhelpful also, especially given that amcrest168 has been a positive contributor on this forum. Sad.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i received my first ad110 back in nov 2019. installation was a breeze and i registered a new smart home account from the smart home app. to my pleasant surprise, the app automatically added all my amcrest ip cameras when i first logged in. the smart home app instantly became my favorite go-to amcrest app because i can quickly select a thumbnail from the smart home app and do a live view from particular ip camera--just to do a quick live view to check up on things. sadly i bricked my first ad110 with the ipconfig tool while testing on turning off night vision and i panicked and removed all the ip cameras from the smart home app. by the time i received my ad110 replacement with an updated app, i can no longer re-add all my amcrest ip cameras back into the app. i have consistently expressed my wish and desire for amcrest to consider reinstating ip cameras back into the app for live view only. i understand revo2maxx disagrees with my wish but i really miss being able to do quick live view from the smart home app. he insists i need to move on but i'm here on this forum as an amcrest customer expressing features i find useful from my own user's perspective. i'm a retired combat veteran and i don't have an issue with his condescending remarks because the words don't reflect on me. i think what would most helpful is for revo2maxx to assist amcrest customers like us and be more like an advocate for us and to communicate our desired features back to amcrest since he appears to have an inside connection. my opinion is the ad110 remains a good product at this price point. it's not perfect hence there's room for improvements. my appeal to all is to remain cordial and help amcrest make their products more user friendly and listen to our desired features.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I am seen as someone that has been unhelpful and Condescending.. As such this will be my last post... Again sorry for anyone that feels I had any ill will towards anyone.. Not my intent.. Out of Respect and transparency I have left my message intact as I am not someone that feels I need to delete an hide from anything that I don't feel was made in malice.

@amcrest168 from your reply it seems that you feel the same Sorry meant no Disrespect.. Thank you for your Service..
Be Safe.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@Revo2Maxx hey please don't go away. i think every forum member can positively contribute. i can sure use your help with amcrest with our desired features and help amcrest fix issues as they are reported. granted the specific feature i was looking for was in a test version. can you at least help me get that particular app version so i can side load it? i'm also certain i'm not the only one who finds ip cameras on smart home app convenient and useful.
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

So on a different note. I'll wager that many doorbells are shipped with that firmware version 20191113 and thats why they had it reloaded on the doorbell. I'll also wager that they still get shipped with that firmware and of course the first thing they do is force an upgrade on installation.
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

I betting the SH app utilizes AJAX/HTML5/Websockets/JSON to dynamically load the settings on the device. I've actually done similar work in my career where the front end application performs an inquiry on the devices capabilities and then populates its view based on what is provided by the hardware.

Mind you that images are initiated from the device.... live view grids and such could be all done on the device and streamed to the app via websockets and such.

The app itself has basic abilities to authenticate and display what is being relayed from the device to the app.

This approach normally falls under the MVC software design pattern (Model View Control).
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

So just to keep this going, I still haven't upgraded to 922 and am at 702 and working fine. I see no reason to upgrade if it looses functionality or might work less reliably.