Bricked AD110?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
null

Bricked AD110?

Post by null »

Bought an AD110 off Amazon. Powers up, but nothing else. No voice, or any kind of reaction when pushing the reset button. Nothing shows up in APP as hotspot and i hear the speaker "click" every now and then on the device.

I hold reset for up to 30 seconds, turns greenish, flashes and reboots. Nothing else.

Set up an RMA with Amazon, but i wasn't sure if there was a fix outside of that. I know some Amcrest devices can have new firmware flashed via SD Card. That possible here? Any tips?

This seems to be fairly common after searching around.
amcrest168

Re: Bricked AD110?

Post by amcrest168 »

new units from amazon should power up fine. it's safer to simply return it to amazon for an exchange.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello Null and Welcome to the Forum...

There is something that Needs to be Pointed out this camera isn't like any other camera in the Amcrest Line and with that said here is the Biggest thing..

When you Turn on the Power to the Camera for the First time it will take a Good CHUNK of time to even Start the system up...

Then you need to make sure you have things in right order... So before you return the camera I would Bench test the camera, Set the camera within a Foot of your Transformer 16vac 30va Min (This is needed because of Distance of installation can cause Volt drop and need the Extra current to keep things happen even though the camera don't take that much to run) Connect Chime Box from Amcrest to terminals on Transformer, connect the 2 Cameras wires on the 2 pegs you just connected the chime box on.. Power UP the Power Supply.. You will see that it will take a good 1 and 1/2 min for the camera to even come to life that is because it is Taking this time to Charge up the Power CAPS that are in the Camera. Once it comes to life Bring up the app and get things started in getting it loaded.. Once the Camera comes to life you will have to press the button again to start the Cameras Hot Spot it don't tell you that it is ready until after you get things setup with the hot spot.. Once you connect to your network it is after this that once it is powered off and power is restored that you will get Prompts that it has reconnected before it has ever been connected it can act like a Dead Fish..
Be Safe.
null

Post by null »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:35 am Hello Null and Welcome to the Forum...

There is something that Needs to be Pointed out this camera isn't like any other camera in the Amcrest Line and with that said here is the Biggest thing..

When you Turn on the Power to the Camera for the First time it will take a Good CHUNK of time to even Start the system up...

Then you need to make sure you have things in right order... So before you return the camera I would Bench test the camera, Set the camera within a Foot of your Transformer 16vac 30va Min (This is needed because of Distance of installation can cause Volt drop and need the Extra current to keep things happen even though the camera don't take that much to run) Connect Chime Box from Amcrest to terminals on Transformer, connect the 2 Cameras wires on the 2 pegs you just connected the chime box on.. Power UP the Power Supply.. You will see that it will take a good 1 and 1/2 min for the camera to even come to life that is because it is Taking this time to Charge up the Power CAPS that are in the Camera. Once it comes to life Bring up the app and get things started in getting it loaded.. Once the Camera comes to life you will have to press the button again to start the Cameras Hot Spot it don't tell you that it is ready until after you get things setup with the hot spot.. Once you connect to your network it is after this that once it is powered off and power is restored that you will get Prompts that it has reconnected before it has ever been connected it can act like a Dead Fish..
Thanks I will try this. I am using a power adapter as recommended on the site.

I'll fire it up again and see what happens.
null

Post by null »

Fired it up again, Didn't touch it for 5 minutes after the light came on. Started the process in the App. Pressed button. Nothing - no hotspot shows up, etc
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Once the light comes on. The Reset button on the side is how you turn on the HotSpot once you push it once don't hold it just Push it it should change color the light on the font and spin and should say HotSpot Enabled
Be Safe.
null

Post by null »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:47 pm Once the light comes on. The Reset button on the side is how you turn on the HotSpot once you push it once don't hold it just Push it it should change color the light on the font and spin and should say HotSpot Enabled
Yep - that's a no go. I even let it sit for a good 10 minutes before i even touched it. Pressing the reset button does absolutely nothing.

Holding it for a good 20-30 seconds will result in a flashing light, and reboot, that is it. Pretty sure this thing is dead.

My replacement will be here Saturday. So we shall see.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @null, a month has passed. is it reasonable to think the replacement doorbell is now working fine for you? take care and stay safe.