AD110 firmware v1.000.00AC006.0.R.200828

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Danual

Re: AD110 firmware v1.000.00AC006.0.R.200828

Post by Danual »

GaryOkie wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:27 pm Thanks @Danual for sharing your experience with the latest update. Fixing the night/IR reboot issue was expected, so it's good to hear you confirmed it.

For anyone who is curious about the graph Dan posted - that is from Home Assistant's event history log. All those thin vertical lines show a change in state. The top red bar I believe is showing motion detection events, which probably far too many. The second "Connected" bar is showing the AD110 online status (green) and the red lines are when it has gone offline.
Yep. It is, odd thing was it took 45mins of reboots to sort itself out and it’s been great ever since. Fingers crossed.
The motion detection history graph, from what I can tell shows every motion detected. The amcrest app seems to filter them and only show what your app settings show. Tonight the app she’s the last notification as 16:00, but home assistant logs several at 18:25 onwards.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Yeah, I've posted about this Motion Detection difference between Home Assistant and SH before. HA's motion_detected binary sensor is subscribing to AD110's VideoMotion events which is normal for all Amcrest/Dahua cameras. However, these events seem to be any motion detected regardless of SH filters so they occur far too often, making them practically useless IMO.

I had hoped that the new firmware would not do this.

Also - that "45 mins of reboots" - what the heck was going on there I wonder? But good to hear it's stable now for you.
CodingSquirrel

Post by CodingSquirrel »

tgfarrell wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:51 am The new firmware version is V1.000.00AC006.0.R.20200828, so its different and new.

I'll wait an see how it goes for others before I jump on this.
That's odd then. I purchased the AD110 and set it up for the first time yesterday. During the initial setup it said there was a firmware update which I installed. Afterward I was able to configure the motion detection using the grid UI. I also was able to change the WDR setting. Now this morning I checked the settings on a whim and see the grid UI is gone and it's just the half circle.

My version is 200828, not 20200828.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@CodingSquirrel - Do you recall what the firmware version was initially on your AD110, of the box?

It is really strange that yours was updated to 200828, instead of 20200828. They could very well be identical versions but just Amcrest tweaking the yyyy to trigger updates for 200702 doorbells for some unknown reason.

There have been several others who have reported that the MD block grids and WDR was still available in the app right after the firmware update but reverted to the 3-zone half circle shortly afterwards. How and why? A mistaken pointer to an obsolete set of XML menus that are dynamically loaded perhaps?

The 3-zone PIR half circle and lack of WDR setting were how the SmartHome app was set up when the AD110 was first released. Later updates provided the WDR option and the block grids and later improved the selected grid colors. Reverting all this good stuff back to the original day 1 UI may have been unintentional and I still have hope it will be corrected.
tomkiv897

Post by tomkiv897 »

After running this update I started having issues in other areas. My mechanical chime is not working anymore and I do not get phone notification with pickup\hangup options if someone is standing at the doorbell after they ring. Anyone else started having these issues?

I also got the "pie" looking motion detection zones instead of the grid.

I should also mention that I only had this doorbell for few weeks and it's the second one for me. I had to RMA the first one as it was DOA.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@tomkiv897 Hello and Welcome to the Forum

I know you don't want to hear there but have you done a Factory Reset? Once NEW FW is installed same or different Type a Reset is needed to clear out the old data and only install the new data..

Then try again after you setup.. You will need to pair your doorbell to a chime type after.. If it is digital you can setup for how long you want it to chime in the setup starts at 3sec and goes to 10...
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Here's a very interesting and surprisingly honest admission from Amcrest Support in reply to my questioning the 20200828 release (bold emphasis mine):
I am not entirely sure if it (200828) was rereleased however I do know there is another update coming to fix the issue with that specific version as the motion zone section as well as the screenshot previews for events were changes that were not intended by our developers.
:o

And great news... he goes on to say that to his knowledge, the new version should be released THIS WEEK!

So - we should expect the block grids for selecting motion areas and the WDR option to return and hopefully retain the important stability and usability fixes.
CodingSquirrel

Post by CodingSquirrel »

GaryOkie wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:12 am @CodingSquirrel - Do you recall what the firmware version was initially on your AD110, of the box?
I do not. It was the first thing I had done after adding it to the app. I usually like to keep my devices on the latest update. Maybe now I'll exercise a little more caution when updating.
GaryOkie wrote: Here's a very interesting and surprisingly honest admission from Amcrest Support in reply to my questioning the 20200828 release (bold emphasis mine):
I am not entirely sure if it (200828) was rereleased however I do know there is another update coming to fix the issue with that specific version as the motion zone section as well as the screenshot previews for events were changes that were not intended by our developers.
:o

And great news... he goes on to say that to his knowledge, the new version should be released THIS WEEK!

So - we should expect the block grids for selecting motion areas and the WDR option to return and hopefully retain the important stability and usability fixes.
That is really good news. I was honestly considering my options for returning or exchanging for one without the updated firmware. The motion sensing seems to alert for anything no matter what setting I use. Even if it's just shadows or something flapping in the distance. It was working perfectly for the entire day before the grid view went away.
tomkiv897

Post by tomkiv897 »

Received tech support response that issues related to the broken chime, no phone notifications are related to the latest firmware update. They are working on releasing a fix. Hopefully soon. So far, I have nothing but bad experience with the doorbell.
KarlHungus53

Post by KarlHungus53 »

I, unfortunately, installed this latest firmware update and now I have the half circle motion detection instead of the grid, yet I get ZERO motion alerts on my phone. My Synology Surveillance Station however, gets motion alerts out the ying-yang. Also, when somebody rings the doorbell, my phone notification would be the door bell chime now. Now it's just the same sound as every other notification.

Really disappointed with the software update process on this device. It's just one cluster after the other.