Smart Home app login issue

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
GaryOkie

Re: Smart Home app login issue

Post by GaryOkie »

I concur that AD110 on 200702 firmware is working fine for live view/recording via NVR during this SH outage. It is odd that your AD110/200828 fails to connect locally in the way you are describing. Since you say the router shows it as offline, well, that's probably why!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I found that is a Mistake. I guess there was a Moment that it was showing offline after I did a reboot that it tried to Make a Connection thinking it was not making a connection..

So in my Router it is showing Both are connected to Wifi.. Sadly only 1 of them is online my NVR.. At first I thought I lost a Transformer because the 702 was offline in NVR and at the Router.. However after Removing from Power and back to power it did for a Moment show in App that it was online but wouldn't connect at NVR.. Then Refreshed my Router and it was there. However after another Refresh it was gone so I thought it was offline Router however I have after my Post Refreshed my Router connected info and it is showing that it is connected inside the router but isn't loading into my NVR as it was before the Outage started..

The one on 702 sends an alert when button is pushed but if you try and answer it it will fail to connect..
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

GaryOkie wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:41 am I concur that AD110 on 200702 firmware is working fine for live view/recording via NVR during this SH outage...
@GaryOkie
During this SH outage, are you also using your NVR to do motion detection recording and alerts/notifications for your AD110?
techtitan3d

Post by techtitan3d »

I'm still getting motion detected notifications from both my local cameras and remote cameras. I just can't view any of the notification videos in the cloud or microsd because the cameras continue to show "offline". Nice not knowing what is going on at our remote property but motion is being detected. I'll be installing a 2nd brand camera as a backup next time I visit so I have two solutions vs relying on one company.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@jack7 - No. My Dahua NVR is recording 24x7 several cameras including the doorbell. For now, I am using a dedicated phone running Tasker to receive SH alerts (doorbell push & motion) and trigger appropriate actions in Home Assistant. I am working with HA devs to incorporate these events into the Amcrest integration so that neither SmartHome or Tasker will be needed. Eventually the only use for SmartHome will be setup and 2-way talk.

So during this outage, that dedicated phone was still receiving push alerts from SmartHome as it was still authenticated. The moment I opened the app on it, it failed to connect to the server, and so now it is inoperable too. (Crap! the Telegram alerts and recordings I was getting from Home Assistant was working fine until I did that).

So I guess as long as people don't open the app, they will still be online and get alerts!

EDIT: @techtitan3d - so you're still getting push alerts, even when the app is showing offline and not authenticated? Somehow you still have an authenticated session I guess.
Deloo

Post by Deloo »

I too am geting the "unknown condition please try again" when logging in to the app. When I woke up I had a motion notification waiting but the problem began when I tried to open the app to view it.

My wife had her phone and it is logged as it has not been restarted today
On hers in app all camera show off line and are not working selecting one also gives her the "unknown condition please try again" error.

Also the camera at my front door is stateing out loud that it is "connected to network" about once every 5 min.

Do we have a time frame for a fix as my house is happily announcing to the naborhood that it is haveing connection issues.
Jmelcher

Post by Jmelcher »

My ASH26-W floodlight cam was working good till this AM I started getting Network Error whenever I tried to login. After waiting on hold with the Support number I finally got to speak with someone I had difficulty understanding. He wanted me to go through reinstalling the App, thn power down the Camera, then I hung up on him. I had already done all these before calling.
I tried a different support number this person said the server was having issues and it would be an hour or so before it would be working. That was 7hours ago.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes I was running my RC out side today Been a while and the whole time out there kept hearing my ad110 connecting to network my Son was like glad that is out here and don't have to hear it in the house lol
Be Safe.
talormanda

Post by talormanda »

Also getting the login error, can't get in...camera offline.
greeman

Post by greeman »

Same on my doorbell camera. Amcrest Smart home says "unknown condition". Can still see the camera on Amcrest view Pro.