AD 110 Constant Recording Loop

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
KarlHungus53

AD 110 Constant Recording Loop

Post by KarlHungus53 »

My AD110 video doorbell failed me last night as the motion detection did not pick up the bandit stealing the campaign sign in my front yard. :evil:

Instead of relying on motion detection to record, is there anyway to set constant recording in a loop? I have a 128GB SD card in the camera, so space shouldn't be an issue.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD 110 Constant Recording Loop

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Maybe you live in my Area I have seen a Drone as a Sign Thief... One strong Drone but was small sign to be fair..

You could use ASP and PC-NVR without having to buy hardware just have to have a computer ON FULL TIME...
Be Safe.
KarlHungus53

Post by KarlHungus53 »

I have a Synology NAS that has Surveillance Station, which I did try before, but it slowed the camera down to the point it was almost unusable.

Have the recent firmware updates improved performance?
pcabral

Post by pcabral »

I use the synology as well with a 60 day rolling directory and it works great. Make sure you don't have any special characters for your AD110 password as it effects the cameras WiFi connection and I was unable to stream it reliably until I figured out that was the root issue.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

The most recent firmware update (200828) was recalled 4 days after release, but I'm not aware of any updates, recent or past, related to performance.

The current release (200702) has been reported to be working fine via RTSP with Surveillance Station by others. Ditto for my Dahua NVR recording the AD110 24x7 in full HD - no problem at all. A good AD110 Wi-Fi connection of course plays a big part of that.

You might also be interested in the script @pcabral wrote that enables Surveillance Station to subscribe to AD110 doorbell motion (AlarmLocal) events. It could also be fairly easily updated to subscribe to doorbell button push events (_DoTalkAction_ Invite). See his post here: https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... tml#p32585
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

LOL - @pcabral reply appeared as I was writing my reply mentioning him! Thanks for alerting about the password issue. That's really weird.

I had a separate issue with passwords - it wouldn't accept a long wifi pw (> 30 chars or so).