IP2M-841 Playback not smooth

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
lemmy999

IP2M-841 Playback not smooth

Post by lemmy999 »

I had years of mostly trouble free use out of 2 of these cameras. The only issue I really had was that one of them would "lose" the SD card when it got nearly full. I had it set to overwrite, but when the SD card got full, it would stop recording and I couldn't access any of the files via the web interface and wouldn't even indicated an SD card was inserted. I could take out the SD card and the files would still be there. I could delete the files and put the card back in and I would be good for several months. I finally got tired of dealing with this and tried the latest firmware. The PTZ use isn't very good (as others have noted) but I also have an issue with playback via the web interface.

If an event happens and the video is stored to the SD card, I can view it back from from the phone app, I can also download the mp4 file and view it fine on the computer. But if I play it back via the web interface it is terribly jerky. I can't get 1080p to work well at all. And it isn't a bitrate issue completely. I can get away with a much higher bitrate for 720p before it starts getting jerky. I have played with H264B and the frame rate and bit rate. But the thing that seems to work best is to drop to 720p and 20fps. And again, the file is recording to the SD card fine and I can view it with the phone app just fine. It is just chrome via the web interface.
Last edited by lemmy999 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841 Playback not smooth

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well kind of sounds like a Bandwidth issue to me... 1 of 2 things!! Are you using this Wifi or Cable?

If Wifi just remember as time goes on people might load up on your CH... While some people think that not boardcasting your SSID makes you safe it don't but as I was going to say even if you don't see any routers in your area it might be that there are some there.. Also as not everyone knows this but there are some Bluetooth devices that share wifi space... So it could be a lot of things in that area if going over Wifi...

If going over cable sadly with all things can get bad.. Maybe a Cable that was good yesterday was bumped today and now it has issues... So there is a couple of things for testing that out...

First Reset Router, then test,, if working better Reset router aka Reboot once or 2 times every so often.. if that didn't make a change try changing out the Port you have your camera running in.. So most router have 4 ports if your not running a few switches like I... Take the camera cable from say port 2 and try port 3... With everything things need cleaning so it might be that the Router needs a good Dust out, or maybe the camera has some cleaning it needs... and last if the Reboot and changing ports didn't help change out the Cable... Also if you are using the one that came with the Camera FOR SURE CHANGE IT OUT...

I know I know you said it works at lower 720p so all things I said dont' matter but really it can just like when you have a Computer that has a 1gig card in it connected to a 1 gig port but only much lower DL speed between 2 1 gig devices one of them has some issue however most people don't know always because one might be faster then the other or just don't care but someone that knows network should be running xyz will know if it is running abc... Still have 1 server that is running 100tx and when I am moving files I forget for a moment do some testing then remember it is the server not my connection to it.. So while you have it running at 720p it is able to go over the bad wire or bad port or over ran router.... Also keep in mind the more thing you add on, Laptop, computer, phones, tv and so on will impact or can your system speed...
Be Safe.
lemmy999

Post by lemmy999 »

I have tried it via wifi and wired and the performance is the same. Also it works fine on my phone (when it is on my local wifi or even it playing back the files over the cell network) but my desktop which is wired on the same local network as the camera is where the problem is. 1080p, 20fps 896Kb/S bitrate and it jerks like crazy when playing back . 720p, 20fps 4096 Kb/S and it plays back fine.

The cable is good (new Belden Cat 6). I have done speed tests with this cable on my 1Gb local network and getting right at 1Gb speeds.

Another thing that points to it being a firmware issue is that these settings worked fine 5 minutes before I upgraded the firmware.

I have even noticed that now that I have several files on the SD card (48 now) that I log in to the web interface, I watch one file and it will play, then I can't get any other files to play. Just keeps circling like it is broken.
lemmy999

Post by lemmy999 »

I think the issue must be something to do with Chrome and the new firmware. I formerly (before the firmware updated) used Microsoft Internet Explorer because it worked the best with the camera. Now that Chrome works I am using it. But I played back the same problematic file in FireFox and of course there was no audio, but it was almost smooth.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Please let me say I don't think it is Chrome Infact I can tell you 100% that isn't the issue...

Let me explain... I have a 2015 841 before one of the first... Infact so much one of the first it has a Different Mac Address then any of my other 841 besides my second 2015 841... Nothing is wrong with these 2 cameras... These cameras started out with the very first FW installed to be honest I wish I still had the FW just because I am kind of A Geek and like Collection factor lol... Oh well...

I have a Camera 841W that I got from Amcrest in 2019 after the NEW FW was built. This was a Brand NEW Camera and came pre loaded with the FW... That Camera has nothing but issues after a Reboot...

However the odd thing is out of all my 841's it is my 2018 and 2017 cameras that seem to have issues with new FW after having more then 3 pResets... So I thought OK lets do it on the 2015 and 2016 units and I have on my 2016 Max Presets set and it has no issues my 2015 I only wanted to test the theory of 3 and no issue even with 3 preset set... so my Second 2015 unit I have 8 presets and that one has no issue....

2017 New FW Preset Issue and acts all crazy
2018 New FW Preset Issue and acts all crazy PTZ like the 2017 one..
2016 New FW no issues after FW update presets ok and not all crazy
another 2017 Old FW from 2017 that is 2.520
2017 POE old fw not sure if I should update because can't go back and works right now
and the 2, 2015 cameras both with new FW and both no issue with 3 or more preset set...

Also to Confirm.. My 2018 model that has the NEW FW I have Reset it back to factory and only installed 1 Preset and it is all crazy

Oh forgot to mention that one of my 841's like to burn up MSD cards I can't remember what one right now but I have a SPeed 10 NEW card and installed it in the camera and it wouldn't find the card.. When I turned off the camera to take it out the camera was hot and so was the card I would have to look over them all to know for sure but I am going to guess it was the 2017 version... If you still have the box to your camera you can look on the blue part of the box for the White Sticker that will have your camera Release date on it If you bought used form someone that had more then 1 no real way to know what the Release date was. I still have all my Boxes besides for my POE 841 cant find it after my son returned it to me...
Be Safe.