Serious Issues - ProHD connection issues/ settings changing

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Jordan77

Serious Issues - ProHD connection issues/ settings changing

Post by Jordan77 »

For the first two weeks these cameras were pretty sweet. Now they are nothing but problems. Unfortunately I bought a bunch after the first week of success.

Issues:
Can't connect to my iPhone any longer. I have tried everything....removed the app, reinstalled and added cameras again...nothing. Failed to connect.
I thought ok, P2P sucks so I tried port DDNS/Port forwarding.....works on my computer but not the iphone....which is why I bought the cameras in the first place...to use my phone to check in. Still won't connect to my phone (on my own network or through cellular).

I have contacted support several times and they have not been able to get it resolved. Even switched out a camera. Nothing.

As if that wasn't bad enough, any time my camera reboots (and sometimes even if they don't reboot), the camera and video settings revert to some weird settings....that make the camera suck. Video quality goes to crap. Sometimes the event mapping areas change, causing 100s of inaccurate messages being sent. Overlays disappear. Just a mess. I called support and showed them the problem (verified) and they said they would have to talk to the programmers. Still nothing.

I even bought a new wireless router thinking that may help, but no.

So I have a bunch of these cameras that are worthless.
Jordan77

Re: Serious Issues - ProHD connection issues/ settings chang

Post by Jordan77 »

I removed two of the cameras from Amcrest Cloud and the settings seem to be sticking. I guess the cloud is constantly putting "cloud" settings on the camera....even thought there is no way to set the cloud settings (besides high medium low, etc.).
ISPY

Re: Serious Issues - ProHD connection issues/ settings chang

Post by ISPY »

Wow, I'm glad I read this thread. I have four cameras, one kept losing its settings. It was the only camera on AmcrestCloud. I deleted it from AmcrestCloud and it hasn't lost its settings in a couple of days.

THANKS!