Dectection area doesnt save settings

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Gilk

Re: Dectection area doesnt save settings

Post by Gilk »

Same for me. Just started NOT saving my settings over the last week or so.
Jordan77

Post by Jordan77 »

So if you add the camera back to the cloud the settings get messed up? Are you saving locally to a SD card?
Jordan77

Post by Jordan77 »

After more testing I am finding out amcrest cloud will randomly overwrite settings. I removed to cameras from my PAID amcrest cloud and they seem to be doing much better with settings (including detection area). Too bad the cloud doesnt have the same settings as the web browser and too bad you cant turn off auto/random updates from the cloud.

Now I will have to figure another way to save the files....and what to do about my paid subscriptions to Amcrest cloud.
Jordan77

Post by Jordan77 »

I already use an SD card (64gb) but would like to send the files elsewhere as well for the reasons you mentioned. I guess I will have to use ftp or nas. Too bad because the cloud was so simple to setup and use.
Kingy

Post by Kingy »

@Jordan77 - I was having the same problem with the cloud settings overwriting the browser settings. I can't believe how idiotic that is!!

Anyway, I ended up removing my cameras from the paid cloud account and cancelling my my payments.

I hope this helps other people out there but it really seems like the cloud and browser settings are NOT compatible and that you would be better off setting ONLY ONE of them up, not both. And if you have ANY sense whatsoever, you would use an SD card. I have a 64GB card in one of my cameras and I have about a months motion detection recordings on it. I have a 32GB in my other camera (where there is a lot less motion) and I have OVER a months recordings on it.

I understand the added security of having cloud recordings but, really from the stress I was going through with having hte settings revert back to the default settings every few days, it really isn't worth it. (Unless, I guess, you have external cameras and HAVE to save to the cloud.)

I hope this helps somebody.
Jordan77

Post by Jordan77 »

The problem I have is I paid for a year up front for the discount.
Lesson learned.
=(