Failure to Connect... again. Wi-Fi & P2P

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
gringochaz

Failure to Connect... again. Wi-Fi & P2P

Post by gringochaz »

We have three Amcrest 1080P IP2M-841 cameras that have been working fine via Wi-Fi & P2P on our pc and macbook, smartphones and devices.
This is an all Wi-Fi network. We have lost the ability to liveview on our smartphones and tablets within our LAN and outside of our network. The pc and macbook still connect with no problems via Amcrest Surveillance Pro. The cameras are all set to static IP, Wi-Fi ipv4 default. P2P is enabled but doesn't show connected. Using Amcrest lite on the phones and tablets.

1) Do I have to delete the cameras from our smartphones and tablets then re-add them?

2) Am I going to have to do this everytime the wifi router gets rebooted or whenever this happens?

3) What is the usual cause when this happens?

Thanks, we love these cameras, just want to avoid re-adding them everytime this happens.
gringochaz

Re: Failure to Connect... again. Wi-Fi & P2P

Post by gringochaz »

*bump* to bring this question back to the light of day...

Anybody else experience this? I'm thinking that it may be something with our wireless router/cable modem.
jeffee

Post by jeffee »

gringochaz, this is what i had to do to get mine working.
Re: P2P "Failed to connect"
Postby jeffee » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:23 pm

parkinNJ and others having this problem ,called tech. support when i got home and they set up port forwarding for me and so far it is working like it should but it always seemed to work decent when i'm at home. just when i got to to work which is about an hour away it would stop working.i'll let you know more tomorrow when me and the wife go out on our weekend shopping trips.if you do call and have them set up port forwarding make sure you have them stay on phone with you until you know for sure your cameras are working as the tech. was trying to tell me what to do after he did the port forwarding and i had him stay on phone thru the whole process. you'll have to delete your cameras off the p2p and add them in ip/domain/ddns setup with a differant ip address and port number.really hope this solves the problem been working on this for close to 3 weeks ! and also if you go this route when you connect, your wi-fi has to be off just cell signal.

UPDATE : everything worked fine until i rebooted modem, all the portforwarding info was saved but i can not connect with phone . can still connect with laptop with new ip address i was using just not the phone.back to the drawing board !

UPDATE: called support and talked with alex ,he redid the whole port forwarding again on my router but did it a totally differant way than the tech. did friday.he fixed them to work off the quickddns server.so far everthing works great even if my router reboots and changes ip address it will still work. he saved all the info on notepad on my computer for future referance and explained how i can get on any computer and type in the address and port number of each camera which i have 2. it took him about an hour and 15 mins. to do this . he walked me thru setting it up on my phone using the ip/domain/ddns setup.you can only use with cell coverage and not wi-fi which is fine by me. went out of town earlier and was able to view cameras with only 2 bars of 4glte in only a couple of seconds.i have to give credit to alex he was the only tech. person i talked to from support who really took the time to make sure everything worked and i understood how to connect with other computers. other people who are having problems might want to go this route ,if you call support maybe you'll get lucky and get a knowledgeable person as alex. hope this keeps working as i have been having this problem for about 3 weeks now . he said its better hooked up this ways as the p2p servers sometimes has problems ! boy ain't that right !
Last edited by jeffee on Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffee

btcamuser

Post by btcamuser »

I'm having the exact same problem.
Mpatto

Post by Mpatto »

I have the same problem also.
unhappy2

Post by unhappy2 »

I've been having the same problem. on Saturday my iphone 5 would not connect to either of my two Amcrest 1080P IP2M-841 cameras, but my wife's iphone 6 worked ok. on Subday mornning her phone would connect but mine still did not connect. Sunday afternoon both Phones would not connect.
I called tech support, He was not to helpful, said they were having P2P server problems and try to connect tomorrow afternoon.
If this truly is a server problem. Why do we get a generic "failed to connect" message This message has caused me great frustration, I believed it was my set-up, I have tried all the suggestions in the forums and website. I usually call a help desk as a last resort. If the message was something like "server down" or "Amcrest is experiencing technical difficulties try again later"
I have only had these cameras for a couple of weeks, I dont have them set-up the way I would like. when they work I like them, but so far they haven't work very often.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,

We have upgraded our P2P servers and it should work now. If any of you are still having issues, please hard reset the camera and try again.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Jordan77

Post by Jordan77 »

Well it's not. I have rebooted, reloaded, removed, readded, and reset everything in my house and I still cannot connect.
The only way I can view a camera is if I am on my laptop.
Jordan77

Post by Jordan77 »

I even tried ddns and port forwarding. I can reach the cameras off network through my laptop only. The app cannot connect. I also have issues of the settings changing on a reboot or randomly.
biondi

Post by biondi »

These guys need to sort this out, only bought it today (also posted on the technical forum) - can no longer connect via the iphone, sending it back (with an appropriate amazon review) unless I get some kind of response.