P2P "Failed to connect"

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
nma851

Re: P2P "Failed to connect"

Post by nma851 »

This is now week #3 without any remote access, even with this port forwarding. About all we can do is playback via port forwarding OUTSIDE our network using the direct IP. This is not a valid workaround as there's 15 mins lag time. Plus it makes no sense why were being forced to use port forward and forego live viewing and fixing this P2P server.

NEVER SEEN ANY COMPANY HAVE A 3 WEEK SERVER OUTAGE - WHAT KIND OF FOLKS WORK HERE IF ANY? WE PAID FOR THIS SERVICE NOW GET IT BACK ONLINE!!!!!! MOST OF US HAVE BUSINESSES AND HOMES TO RUN
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,

There is no issue with the servers currently. First thing to try is to do a power recycle. That is, just unplug the camera from power and connect it back and try again. If any of you are still having issues connecting, please contact technical support.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

aopisa

Post by aopisa »

Well, I can't really get much of anything to happen. My iPhone will sometimes connect immediately. Other times it may take several minutes. Sometimes I get one camera and not the other. Other times I get two feeds of the same camera. Mostly it just will not connect. Last night the iPad would connect sometimes after several minutes. This morning it will not connect at all.

EDIT:
After two rather disappointing sessions with the technical support I have heard so many great things about, I still have no real resolution. They had me change my router to channel 11. That made things slightly better for a short while. Today I am back to spinning wheels and Failed To Connect messages again. The only thing that I found that works for me is to turn off the wifi on my device, connect using cellular which works instantly every time, exit the app, restart wifi on my device, restart the app and then the cameras will connect. Hardly a great solution. I have to say after all the great Amazon reviews of this product and its support I am underwhelmed.

I am fairly comfortable with technology. The documentation is terrible. I was only able to get this thing working by a combination of using the app, clicking around the web interface, Google searches and finding out tidbits on this forum.
Last edited by aopisa on Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
thegrandman

Post by thegrandman »

Reset x10. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. "Failed to connect" "Camera is off line" /that's the message this system and company constantly gives me/

RETURNING THIS PIECE OF JUNK ---- love the camera, great picture and excellent recording ----- but this whole system just doesn't work.
Jordan77

Post by Jordan77 »

I agree.....I love the camera!! Too bad the software doesn't work.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,

There is no issue with the servers currently. First thing to try is to do a power recycle. That is, just unplug the camera from power and connect it back and try again. If any of you are still having issues connecting, please contact technical support.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Jordan77

Post by Jordan77 »

Lol. That's the first thing I tried. I did contact support. They couldn't do anything. I completely removed everything (app, cameras, etc). Then I hard reset cameras and started over. Nothing. How anout something more useful??
Jordan77

Post by Jordan77 »

Also a hard reboot was done many times.
Jordan77

Post by Jordan77 »

Anything else to try?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello ,

Did you reset by holding the reset button (indicator light) on the back of the camera at least for 10 seconds? This will erase all camera settings and you will have to set up camera from scratch. But this should fix the issue.