Amcrest Smart Home "Server" down?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
jdefuria

Re: Amcrest Smart Home "Server" down?

Post by jdefuria »

iOS 13.5.1, App 3.5.0
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

iPhone 6 12.4.5 3.3.6 offline
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@tgfarrell yes download the new 3.5 and you can DL the clips...

Sadly right now looking for info on what people are offline... So far found 3.5 Ios and android are offline but some with 3.3.6 are online but some are also reporting being off like my iOS iPhone is 3.3.6 and it is offline
Be Safe.
Dan87

Post by Dan87 »

I just checked multiple devices. Motorola Edge Plus on Android app version 3.5. Not working on WIFI or 4G connection. Samsung Galaxy S9, not working on Android app version 3.3.6. Checked my iPad as well and iPhone. Both on app version 3.3.6. All are showing our AD110 as offline.Doorbell Firmware version 1.000.00AC004.0.R
tommcmur

Post by tommcmur »

Mine has been showing offline since Friday. I'm beginning to think Amcrest is in over their heads and I need to look for other solutions. One day without service is forgivable; four days without service is absolutely nuts and says the company is probably not going to make it through this pandemic.
tommcmur

Post by tommcmur »

Also, I wonder if this has anything to do with their failed firmware update. I updated my cameras to the latest firmware, then, go notice to update again. There was/is an issue with the firmware version update; while it seems to update, it doesn't put the correct version in the system, which creates an issue every time one logs in.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@tommcmur As with everything IOT things can go wrong from time to time there is not 1 perfect company if there was there wouldn't be the need for any others...

The Login asking for FW update was fixed.. Issue is when the Update was entered into the system it had a V in front of the # and after the update when checking version on login it seen the 2 files didn't match because the system didn't take away the V as a point of reference.. However a day or 2 before the offline issue that was resolved...
Be Safe.
srags

Post by srags »

My AD110 has been showing offline since Friday as well. I am over 1000 miles away from the device and will be for several months. I can VPN through my router and utilize the Amcrest IP Config tool to view the video so I know it is still connected via the Wi-Fi. I have been trying to figure out how I can use this tool to reboot it remotely but the only thing I can guess is to find the latest firmware file and try to update which would hopefully cause it to restart. I tried deleting it from my Amcrest Smart Home mobile application but I am now stuck at Wi-Fi hotspot after manually entering the serial number. I have other Amcrest products that are awesome but this AD110 experience started good but now is disappointing..

Any way to reboot the device remotely via Config tool or browser?

Trying to locate the firmware file to see if upgrading the device would get it to restart but can not locate any .bin file for this device.

This experience has not been simple nor reliable. Hopefully it is secure!!
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @srags and welcome to the forum. consider not trying anything right now to reboot the device outside of the smart home app. do not use the ipconfig tool or you risk bricking the doorbell. unfortunately it appears you're stuck at the moment and it would not be fair to you to be the guinea pig to test any other app to reboot the doorbell without exposing yourself to the risk of bricking the doorbell. amcrest will need to reexamine its smart home solution when the server has gone offline more than one occasion. unfortunately this outage has been more than 4 days.
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

It must be a regional outage. They need an outage page or at least email an announcement out to the customers.