IP3M-941 -- cannot access from outside local network unless camera is connected via ethernet

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
eclipse

IP3M-941 -- cannot access from outside local network unless camera is connected via ethernet

Post by eclipse »

Title pretty much sums it up. I can connect to the camera from outside my local network only if the camera is connected to the router via ethernet cable. If I connect the camera to my local network wirelessly, I can see it when in my local network (by entering its local IP address in my browser) but not from outside the local network. Similarly, if I am in my local network but enter the camera's WAN address in the browser, I cannot connect unless the camera is connected via ethernet cable. This makes no sense. I have several other IP cams (including a couple IP2M-841) that work fine, and am sure it's set up correctly. The default "ethernet card" in the config is set to wireless.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP3M-941 -- cannot access from outside local network unless camera is connected via ethernet

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am going to guess that your Ip address for your Wifi is not the same as your Eth-o Port for the camera and that if your accessing your camera over internet via your Wide Area Network Address then your forwarding the wrong Lan address... Or have it setup going to the Wrong DMZ however you have set your system to get outside access...

To be Honest.. Fast and Easy way to access any of Amcrest IP cameras or NVR/DVR is over P2P.. No worry about DMZ or Port Forwarding and not able to access camera when you are connected to the the Internet...

That is my Guess...
Be Safe.
eclipse

Re: IP3M-941 -- cannot access from outside local network unless camera is connected via ethernet

Post by eclipse »

Not sure I understand. The camera config will not allow the local IP address for WiFi and ethernet to be the same, so of course they are different. The HTTP port numbers, however, are (and must be) the same for wifi and ethernet. And the ethernet and wifi IP addresses are both port forwarded in my router. I've never had to mess with DMZ.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

From your described symptons, it sounds like WIFI is not enabled in Setup/Network/WIFI.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok... Here is another guess...

You have your System setup to access your Camera and you have Wifi an Eth-0 might be Eth-1 I can't remember what Amcrest calls them right now... Anyway you have them both on and have not told your camera that your Wifi is Default and when you access your camera over your Wifi IP address you really are not accessing it over Wifi but over its IP that is really connected to the Cable.. I can confirm this with 1 Test... Try and access your camera over your IP address of the WIFI and unplug the cable to the camera... My guess is that the access will not be there... I have tested and I know this camera can access over 2 IP address but in a since only going on Cable.. I take away cable and Wifi not active...

Then you need to setup your Wifi in the camera, Then you need to tell the TCP/IP section under Network that your Default will be Wifi. Then unplug the cable... and use IP for wifi and wifi connection but be it known the great access that one might think they had when they had it working wrong will not be as good as it will on Wifi...
Be Safe.
eclipse

Post by eclipse »

I am using only wifi, not ethernet cable, to access the cam. And I can access the cam via wi-fi when using the local network address. But if I try to access it via its WAN address, I cannot connect. Canyouseeme is telling me the http port is not open, but the router is set up to forward the port.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

eclipse wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:29 pm I am using only wifi, not ethernet cable, to access the cam. And I can access the cam via wi-fi when using the local network address. But if I try to access it via its WAN address, I cannot connect. Canyouseeme is telling me the http port is not open, but the router is set up to forward the port.
This may not help, but I suspect the problem may be the 941 firmware, especially if it's dated in second half of 2019.
I did a couple of tests. My Amcrest cameras with 2018 firmware were ok, but a Dahua cam with 7/2019 firmware has the same port forwarding problem as your 941. It's firmware has the java Web UI that does not use a plugin. Amcrest is a Dahua OEM.
eclipse

Post by eclipse »

I found that I can access the camera from WAN by forwarding the default RTSP port. Apparently the camera's issue with port forwarding is limited to either the http port or to certain port numbers.
duc916

Post by duc916 »

I had to forward all three of these ports. I have no idea which it's using but it works.
Attachments
amcrest_ports.jpg
amcrest_ports.jpg (35.26 KiB) Viewed 1495 times