Doorbell Camera records with motion turned off

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
henryavo

Doorbell Camera records with motion turned off

Post by henryavo »

doorbell camera is recording clips of people walking by and cars passing at 50 feet away with motion turned off. With motion turned on same condition even with range set to 1 . Do I have a defective camera?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Doorbell Camera records with motion turned off

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum...

Sorry to hear your having issues... Very strange for sure! So to better understand your issue...

You have a Doorbell Ad110 that you bought and setup using the Smarthome App. You have set the Smarthome app to turn off all Motion Detection within the app and after doing so the camera still sends you alerts and is still recording motion events?
Do you have this connected to any Device like a NVR or DVR or ASP or Blue Iris?

When you bought it and got it did it have the Firmware that you have on it now or did you update the Firmware? IF you updated the camera did you preform the System reset on the camera at the reset button on the camera?
Be Safe.
henryavo

Post by henryavo »

Hello, Thanks for responding to my post. I purchased the Ad110 from Amazon 1 week ago. The installation and app download went without an issue.Immediately after registering the device, I began receiving push notifications every 2 mins. I live on a busy street however the street is located 60 feet from where the camera is mounted. Next, I turned off push notifications. When I viewed the microsd card recordings , I noticed they are happening every time a car would pass. Next, I blocked out the Motion Detection Zone to the street and any bushes in the garden. Still having the same issue. Next, adjusted the Motion Range to 1. Still recording on motion. Next, turned off Motion Detection. Still recording on motion. The camera connected as a stand alone. No DVR, ASP or Blue ires. The app indicates the firmware is up to date. I like the clarity of the camera and hate to return it. Thanks for any suggestions.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@henryavo - Have you tried to configure motion detection on the doorbell with any other software other than SmartHome (including an NVR)? Doing so can disable motion sensing on the doorbell entirely, requiring a factory reset or worse, an RMA. But I have not heard of an issue like yours where motion recording continues when it is turned off in the app.

I have the same issue as yours (as reported in a post here recently) with cars 60+' away triggering alerts. I have been able to correlate it with shadows in bright sunlight moving across the detection area that for some reason, don't necessarily trigger an alert unless a vehicle that is well outside the detection zone passes by. When there are no moving shadows, I don't get any vehicle alerts at all.

I have discovered that we have the ability to examine various configurations saved in the AD110 via the Amcrest HTTP API. For example:

Code: Select all

http://<doorbell_IP>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=MotionDetect
This command should display in your browser the saved Motion Detection settings (after entering the doorbell's ID and password).

I was going to ask you if the first line in this output, which is table.MotionDetect[0].Enable=true changes to false when you disable motion detection in the app. Well, I found out that it never changes at all! The sensitivity and the schedule are not recorded here either. I also found out that the only changes I see reflected are the 18 horizontal rows/regions which show a number other than 0 indicating which blocks have been selected.

So if the Motion Detection setting, sensitivity and schedule aren't being saved in the doorbell memory, where are they being saved? In a new hidden config? In the cloud? Why are only the regions stored in the doorbell's Motion Detection config section? If the settings are only saved in the SmartHome admin's phone, what happens when that phone is turned off or not connected?

So the answer to why you are still getting motion detection recording despite the app having turned this off lies in where in the heck this setting is being saved and why that is failing for you.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @henryavo and welcome to the forum. another thing you can do, if you have not done so, is to clear all red squares you see at your motion detection zones. red means active as opposed to block.
henryavo

Post by henryavo »

hello, Thanks for the reply. I have already tried clearing the red grid. Nothing has changed. Also doing so does not explain why the camera records with motion setting turned off. Thanks
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@henryavo, have you done a factory reset?
henryavo

Post by henryavo »

Hello. Thanks for everyone's help regarding this issue. amcrest168 had the right fix. The user manual states the red grid zone is the blocked zone. It is actually opposite being the active zone. Still does not explain why it was recording with motion turned off, however now it is working properly. Hope it keeps working, really like the product. Thanks again!! And no I did not do a factory reset.