Live View Max # of Windows

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
dpavlicek

Live View Max # of Windows

Post by dpavlicek »

I have ASP running on a PC with multiple monitors. I noticed that when clicking on the Live View button, I can only open 4 separate windows at one time. I am looking to open 6. Anyone have any idea how to work around this limitation ?

Thanks,
Dave
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Live View Max # of Windows

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly for asp I think that is the Limit.. So only way I could think is to use a second PC...

256 cameras View per PC is a lot and I think the main reason behind limit of 4 Live Views 64 cameras a screen that is a lot to look at.. You have more then I have had. While I do have 4 monitors on my desk... only used 2 for ASP on one pc to keep my CVI and my NVR views on different screens... However to be honest... that is a lot to control at times.
Be Safe.
dpavlicek

Post by dpavlicek »

We have a PC with a six headed video card. Our plan was to put about 4-6, maybe a max of 9 cameras per screen. That would be a total 54 live views, and we would use the Sub Stream VGA view to keep the bandwidth manageable. It looks like ASP has this monitor limitation built in. Does anyone know of other windows client software that will perform this task and talk to Amcrest NVR's ? Perhaps the Blue Iris Amcrest edition? I really don't want to switch platforms, considering that I will have to open network ports since the P2P is a proprietary Amcrest protocol. I was also going to check if the new beta of ASP had better support for multiple monitors. But it is still is in beta, and who knows when it will be released.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Suggestion:
Just use four monitors. Each ASP liveview screen can have a different layout. Say two at 4x3 and two at 4x4, or some variation that is acceptable.