Amcrest Doorbell

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Sammy

Re: Amcrest Doorbell

Post by Sammy »

amcrest168 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 am
Sammy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 am Is that to say don't use Areas of Interest in BlueIris? I'm pretty sure that is in the software itself and not in the camera.
the software changes the configuration settings of the camera hence your doorbell native motion detection stops working properly. i would suggest you do a hard reset on the doorbell, use smart home app to set motion detection zones, use blue iris only to review and record--don't set motion detection zones with blue iris.
Interesting as I haven't done more than get the doorbell camera incorporated into BlueIris, nothing else.

I have a ticket in with Amcrest already but they're slow to respond so I figured I'd ask here.

I'll report back what they say. Maybe a f/w update is in order.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i have the ad110 doorbell since december hence i'm very familiar with the device. i really like it once i know where its strength and weakness. smart home series camera are really designed with the smart home app hence use the app to configure the doorbell settings. for NVR and Blue Iris, one simply sets the 24x7 recording without touching motion detection so to keep the doorbell native configuration intact.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

amcrest168 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:09 am i have the ad110 doorbell since december hence i'm very familiar with the device. i really like it once i know where its strength and weakness. smart home series camera are really designed with the smart home app hence use the app to configure the doorbell settings. for NVR and Blue Iris, one simply sets the 24x7 recording without touching motion detection so to keep the doorbell native configuration intact.
Thank you!

I don't think I changed anything at all in BlueIris other than the video processing which is done on my PC but I'll double check.

I saw your post about bricking it. I assume Amcrest replaced it? BTW their instructions say to use the ip config PC application and then they also say else that this can brick the unit..
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

yes amcrest replaced the bricked doorbell and my gripe was the firmware did not protect the factory reset button--that's the whole point of having a reset button. there are other legacy apps, NVR, and 3rd party apps that can access the doorbell configuration and i'm afraid if folks are not careful and stick with the smart home app, they will find themselves with either a doorbell that is not working properly or a bricked one. i am using a NVR where i have set the schedule for both regular and motion recording but the detection zones are set from the smart home app. it's working perfectly now and there is no further need to touch the NVR.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

amcrest168 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 am
Sammy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 am Is that to say don't use Areas of Interest in BlueIris? I'm pretty sure that is in the software itself and not in the camera.
the software changes the configuration settings of the camera hence your doorbell native motion detection stops working properly. i would suggest you do a hard reset on the doorbell, use smart home app to set motion detection zones, use blue iris only to review and record--don't set motion detection zones with blue iris.
Carp. I was wanting to use the PIR to trigger turning on the lights with my Home Automation System. I guess I'll still need another Z-Wave PIR on the porch. When Amcrest said works with BlueIris I expected it to work in every regard..
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

amcrest168 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:59 am yes amcrest replaced the bricked doorbell and my gripe was the firmware did not protect the factory reset button--that's the whole point of having a reset button. there are other legacy apps, NVR, and 3rd party apps that can access the doorbell configuration and i'm afraid if folks are not careful and stick with the smart home app, they will find themselves with either a doorbell that is not working properly or a bricked one. i am using a NVR where i have set the schedule for both regular and motion recording but the detection zones are set from the smart home app. it's working perfectly now and there is no further need to touch the NVR.
Okay. I'll fine tune my BI settings as such but I'm afraid it is already borked. It might be and RMA unit if I don't get this working correctly.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

Sammy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:04 pm Okay. I'll fine tune my BI settings as such but I'm afraid it is already borked. It might be and RMA unit if I don't get this working correctly.
if you are able to perform a hard reset with the doorbell, the doorbell shall be restored to its factory setting for your to start over. rma is not needed if the reset button works.
HonestLai

Post by HonestLai »

I'm struggling with the doorbell also cylcing constantly between IR and off, and also dropping off the wifi at night. I'm wondering if the transformer I bought is not powerful enough:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C3 ... UTF8&psc=1
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @HonestLai and welcome to the forum. your transformer is only rated at 500mva; current is too low to properly power the doorbell. night infrared draws more current than your 500mva transformer is able to sustain.

since your current transformer is a plug in, i would consider this one, https://www.amazon.com/ELK-TRG1640-AC-T ... 0010PKVMQ/

or you can use a hardwired one, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HKQ4GC3/
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

amcrest168 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:42 pm
Sammy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:04 pm Okay. I'll fine tune my BI settings as such but I'm afraid it is already borked. It might be and RMA unit if I don't get this working correctly.
if you are able to perform a hard reset with the doorbell, the doorbell shall be restored to its factory setting for your to start over. rma is not needed if the reset button works.
I was able to reset it but the issues persist. I'm working with Amcrest Support on getting it going again but their response time is very slow. Hopefully they'll have something for me today or will RMA the unit.