Amcrest Doorbell

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
amcrest168

Re: Amcrest Doorbell

Post by amcrest168 »

https://www.amazon.com/Wired-Contractor ... B07KX6RMWS appears to include a 16v 10va transformer.

a 16v 10va transformer is more than adequate to power push button doorbells but a 16v 10va transformer will not be enough to properly power a smart doorbell under heavier loads. it's highly recommended that you use a 16v with 30va rating to properly power the ad110 doorbell.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

JJ82 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:48 pm i lost the phillips screw but didn't know there was a security screw of the same size that was included in all of hardware. I just went through all of the trash and I actually found the security screw! Thanks for your help!
There's a security screw? I was wondering why the screwdriver had that end. I'll need to replace that ASAP. Not sure why it just didn't come that way like Ring does.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

I tried to sign up for cloud service in the app and got this error page.

Also I swear I saw a year trial someplace but could be wrong. Is there a trial period?

Code: Select all

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>A6E967C4F9D779C5</RequestId>
<HostId>
Prj92jFqg3FdSgstD5NmMMyx78jAtvWRr7TazFQdSy5u8H1M42ecvqDFKN7P1gj1T6iUyYU/bTI=
</HostId>
</Error>
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

So I figured out how to sign up.. It is in the camera page under "Cloud Recordings". I signed up for the free year but I still get the error above when I click on "My Plans". Something is borked here, especially if I want to change my billing info or cancel since I can record for free to BlueIris.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

Sammy wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:56 pm
JJ82 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:48 pm i lost the phillips screw but didn't know there was a security screw of the same size that was included in all of hardware. I just went through all of the trash and I actually found the security screw! Thanks for your help!
There's a security screw? I was wondering why the screwdriver had that end. I'll need to replace that ASAP. Not sure why it just didn't come that way like Ring does.
there is a security screw when you search in one of the ziplock bags.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

Now that I reset it and got it working in BlueIris their is no action when pressing the doorbell button and there's no motion detection either. BlueIris detects and marks an alert when there's motion and I have BlueIris set for 24 hour 14 day recording.
Last edited by Sammy on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:34 pm Hello Bit8Bit welcome to the Forum... Sadly motion was tricky.. I can say that I have mine on the 3 lower sets and I changed my Detection level down to the second dot on the level... Sadly I can't say this is good for everyone because I have mine set on my NVR to record and don't really care if I get alerts on my app unless someone presses the button... I was getting loads of alerts but I have a road that points my front door now I get no lights because I also change the Schedule to remove that time when light would set off the camera because it does SHINE right into my camera when they come off the hill...

So the documentation is pretty bad on this. Is the Red Area where the camera will detect and the rest is excluded? I may have mine backwards.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

Sammy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:03 am So the documentation is pretty bad on this. Is the Red Area where the camera will detect and the rest is excluded? I may have mine backwards.
yes, selected zones are in red. i suggest don't go overboard with selection area to minimize false detection. only use the smart home app in setting motion detection zones.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

amcrest168 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:10 am
Sammy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:03 am So the documentation is pretty bad on this. Is the Red Area where the camera will detect and the rest is excluded? I may have mine backwards.
yes, selected zones are in red. i suggest don't go overboard with selection area to minimize false detection. only use the smart home app in setting motion detection zones.
Is that to say don't use Areas of Interest in BlueIris? I'm pretty sure that is in the software itself and not in the camera.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

Sammy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 am Is that to say don't use Areas of Interest in BlueIris? I'm pretty sure that is in the software itself and not in the camera.
the software changes the configuration settings of the camera hence your doorbell native motion detection stops working properly. i would suggest you do a hard reset on the doorbell, use smart home app to set motion detection zones, use blue iris only to review and record--don't set motion detection zones with blue iris.