Do the Amcrest 5-series NVRs finally fix the broken email bug?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
plusfour

Do the Amcrest 5-series NVRs finally fix the broken email bug?

Post by plusfour »

Just noticed that Amcrest have released the 5208E, the first non-stupidly-expensive replacement for the buggy 4xxxE series, and was wondering if anyone has got one and can confirm that they've fixed their broken TLS implementation so it can talk to Gmail and other mail services?

Another big feature of the 5xxx series is that they have an on/off switch, a novelty that was missing from the 4xxx series, so you can actually safely power it down when you need to do maintenance.
dick-o

Re: Do the Amcrest 5-series NVRs finally fix the broken email bug?

Post by dick-o »

I have just finished installing a NV5232E-16P and it sends email just fine to my email servers.
System Version:V3.216.00AC000.0, Build Date: 2019-09-06
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

If you mean specifically email servers you're running yourself then you may not notice it since many privately-controlled servers ignore the SCSV bug in Amcrest's TLS, would you be able to check whether it can send via Gmail? That's a site that's known not to work in the presence of the bug.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

from what I heard all cameras that was FW 2019 and newer took care of the Gmail issue for now.. How long before Gmail changes things again only time can tell but if the FW is in JS and in 2019 then the issue for Gmail is over...
Be Safe.
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

Thanks! Now I need to figure out whether it's worth getting a new NVR just to fix this. It's almost like owning an Android phone, when you want a software update you have to buy a new phone.