IP4M - 1026EW Camera Re-Wire to Keystone Jack

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
PerryF

IP4M - 1026EW Camera Re-Wire to Keystone Jack

Post by PerryF »

Hi All,

I am re-wiring the female connector on my POE camera after the weather seal failed and corroded the female pins to rain water. Amcrest was no help on technical support telephone - Does anyone have a wiring diagram to re-wire it into a Keystone Jack or other options?

Thanks,
Perry
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP4M - 1026EW Camera Re-Wire to Keystone Jack

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Strange the seal to fail... I have had one of my Amcrest cameras with one of these boots on for some long time. For a little time it was in Direct water line from a leak off the roof. didn't know because it was at my Cabin. Fixed the gutter and positioned the connector in a different way so it wouldn't get hit like it was...

I am not sure there is any magic about how to wire these up. A Data sheet that says this color does this might have been when it was released but today could be a different color yet I know the jack pin out would be the same...

So seeing that the jack is no good. I am going to guess if you can't find the info to make up a new jack it might be that you will have to be careful and take the one apart that you have now...

What I would do is being careful not to damage the jack more cut off where you are going to replace leave maybe a 1/2 to 1 inch of wire. Then take a Razor knife and cut the shield off the connector once that is done and only after that is done then carefully open the wires to gain access to the wire colors... Then you can get a good view of wire to pin out on the jack...

Another way is if the jack is able to take a reading is cut off the jack same 1/2 to 1 inch left peel back the shielding on the cable gain access to the wires and use a Multi Meter to test out what pins 1-8 are in color and make up the new jack to meet the old jack pin out... That is how I would do it...
Be Safe.
Kwing

Post by Kwing »

Hi @PerryF , please go ahead and fill out the support form at https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport along with the model number of your camera so that the team can try sending you the PoE diagram. Thank you.
PerryF

Post by PerryF »

Kwing wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:58 am Hi @PerryF , please go ahead and fill out the support form at https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport along with the model number of your camera so that the team can try sending you the PoE diagram. Thank you.

Thanks Kwing - I was able to get the schematics this way.

1 Brown
2 Purple
3 Orange
4 Yellow
5 none
6 Blue
7 Grey
8 none

Is the color code when wiring in a keystone replacement female jack - for anyone needing this in the future.

Best,
Perry
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear you were able to get the Info.. Sadly that is kind of hard without knowing the true color of the normal Cat cable. Because not all Keystone jacks are keyed the same. Some are A and some are B some different all together.

So one way would be
White/Green
Green
White/Orange
Blue
White/Blue
Orange
White/Brown
Brown

Then the other way
White/Orange
Orange
White/Green
Blue
White/Blue
Green
White/Brown
Brown...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I just went and took apart a camera that has bad cord It is a Dahua branded camera. While I am not saying that it is the same as yours I would after taking the end off if you have a Multi meter honestly I would test the wire to the end on the camera because I have everything that you stated above however there is only 1 slight change and that is both 7 and 8 share grey where yours says not used... So I made a Chart.. Please note the B and A in them for the people that have 568A or 568B
Ends.jpg
Ends.jpg (43.23 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
Be Safe.
PerryF

Post by PerryF »

After clipping the wire, and taking it apart - I noted there are 2 YELLOW wires and NO ORANGE wire.

I noted upon 2nd look that the previous wiring diagram I was given was for a different camera then the one I own by amcrest support. (still waiting to hear back for a correct diagram if they have one)

How does one figure out which wires go to which without a diagram?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you have a Mulit Meter you could take the Multi Meter and put in Diode Mode aka Beep Mode and then take the wires that were in the case and then test the pins in the End to each wire and note down the color as I did...

However please note that you will want to do this off the cable end and not off the board end of the wires because if the camera is bad Not saying yours is.. However is someone is trying to pin out off a Camera side wire and the system has a Short it could tell you that you have pins 1 and 2 and 3 all the same when in fact they are not but because of a Short in the board it acts like they are ...

So the end you cut. Strip the outer cover off of. Strip the wires they are going to be small so some good tools are needed.. take your meter and test the wires to the pins.. Just like I said it might be that the Colors for that camera is what they sent you in the Normal or First release and the camera you have is in a later release and the colors are sadly different... So take the Meters red wire Touch Pin in RJ45 Jack pin1 then use meters black wire touch the wires until you hear the beep. Ones it beeps write down the color on a Chart... When going along and you hear the beep don't just stop there because it could go to more then 1 Pin.. Like in my chart above 7 and 8 had same pin to Grey... While this might not be the same in your case... There is only 1 sure way to know and that is to test it out....

Edit: Also might want to make note that the Wires in the cable will be Stranded wire and not solid... Most Keystone jacks are for SOlid wire.. you will want to make sure you make your repair correctly or it might not work...
JackTesting.jpg
JackTesting.jpg (56.34 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
Be Safe.
PerryF

Post by PerryF »

Thanks for the links, however there are 2 yellow wires (mistake from factory?) on my camera - I looked for an orange wire - none on the camera. I tried wiring the yellow in both configuations with no luck.