ASH21-W

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
cvanhoose

ASH21-W

Post by cvanhoose »

Hello, I am unable to change the ip address or the port numbers on the ASH21.
There is no support for this camera yet. I have tried the IP config software for Windows and am only able to login with ethernet mode. When setting the port numbers and applying save, The save fails and reboots.
I am also unable to connect with the ip Software via wifi, even though the camera is connected to my network and can be viewed.
Unable to login via web browser.
Anyone have experience with this camera?
I do not see a firmware available for this camera online yet?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
jack7

Re: ASH21-W

Post by jack7 »

See if this helps:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... 0571-ASH21

Tip: Use Google search
cvanhoose

Post by cvanhoose »

jack7 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:35 am See if this helps:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... 0571-ASH21

Tip: Use Google search
No that does not help. You can read the issue in my first post.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would say if you have not tried to do a Factory Reset I would try and do that. This camera has a odd spot for the button. you can find it next to the MSD slot on the Camera area when tilted just right. I am going to guess you alreay know this if you had a card installed already... It is kind of a odd button in a since. Little cut out of the body making the area left kind of springy. Should say Reset on it. Press that until you see the LED Flash and see if anything changes on the second time around..

Also if your trying to use a Cat 5 cable that came with the camera try another cable... I have found out of the 6 cameras I have 2 cables that are good. The Rest even though work at times you can see in my Switch looking at the Stats of the port the Camera is connected on with loads of errors. New cable no errors...
Be Safe.
cvanhoose

Post by cvanhoose »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:15 pm I would say if you have not tried to do a Factory Reset I would try and do that. This camera has a odd spot for the button. you can find it next to the MSD slot on the Camera area when tilted just right. I am going to guess you alreay know this if you had a card installed already... It is kind of a odd button in a since. Little cut out of the body making the area left kind of springy. Should say Reset on it. Press that until you see the LED Flash and see if anything changes on the second time around..

Also if your trying to use a Cat 5 cable that came with the camera try another cable... I have found out of the 6 cameras I have 2 cables that are good. The Rest even though work at times you can see in my Switch looking at the Stats of the port the Camera is connected on with loads of errors. New cable no errors...
Thanks. I tried factory reset with the same result. Also tried multiple Ethernet cables.
Are you able to assign a different port to your cameras?
How are you logging into the camera?
The app works with the camera but there is no way to assign a static IP address and port number with it.
The windows software connects but will fail on the save.
cvanhoose

Post by cvanhoose »

Support responded stating there is no way to change the port or ip address on the camera. It is only meant for the SmartHome app.
Unfortunately I will have to return the camera due to that lack of feature. I did like the automatic tracking feature it offered.
flptrnkng

Post by flptrnkng »

I had the same issue, couldn't set a static IP address with the set-up app.

I ended up making an IP reservation in my router/DHCP server, so that the camera always has the same IP address. I was then able to configure the camera in my NVR for recording.

Amcrest needs to update their App to allow setting IP and port values. Alternatively, they need to enable the web service so you can log in directly and change network settings. C'mon, Amcrest. This product has good value. Let's see some good support for it.
gba88

Post by gba88 »

I'm so glad I found this post. I was about to buy one of these to work with my other ip2m cameras and the web app, but seeing that you cannot assign an IP or port makes the camera useless to me. Too bad, this appeared to have potential.