Cant get camera to work

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
zplugger

Cant get camera to work

Post by zplugger »

Just got a Amcrest IP4M-1051B, only using on a local network. The plugged the thing in and it moves around couple times. Green light blinks on the back. I download the IP config tool and it does not see the camera? I must be doing something wrong, any suggestions. I can't find it even if the network cable is plugged into computer. This should be simple, so it must be me.
CosmikDebris

Re: Cant get camera to work

Post by CosmikDebris »

Not plugged into computer, plug it into your router and see if its found.
"I might be moving to Montana soon."
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

network cable plugged into router and it works,unplug it and its gone. I want the camera wireless so not sure whats wrong.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

it appears the camera is not connected to your wireless network for the ip config tool to find it. have you check to ensure the camera has been configured with the right ssid and password?

for all my amcrest wireless camera setup, i have reserved all their wireless ip addresses with their mac address so i know exactly the ip address of each wireless camera.
Last edited by amcrest168 on Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Thank for the suggestions, how do I do that? Camera is working with network cable, just got to get it on wifi. Have a Version Mifi Home router
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

are you able to log into your verizon mifi home router? try reserving an ip address for your camera's mac address. it should be under DHCP reservations.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There is a couple of things. Most times if you have not setup your system to the Amcrest Pro App or one for iOS then you might want to add your camera over that... Also important to note if you want to access your camera away from home or office where ever you ahve them installed it is best to enable P2p and do a P2P setup over the App... I can tell you that it works great... And no matter what others say I have spent a Good week testing that there is no Leaks of your connection on P2P... Infact you can't even find a P2P on A outside connection making a connection to your camera and when you can find it... The password info is not in Plan Text... I spent many hours over the Old FW and new FW and both have same results. Don't show you log in under Plain Text it is Encrypted.

Over the app when yousetup your phone is what helps program the Wifi to the router for password and such... Then again after you setup Wifi right.. Remove cable from router that is going to camera and log out and back in under the Wifi IP or under P2P because you can setup in Cable mode make wifi connection and still it would work...
Be Safe.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Did the phone app and all is well. Very Happy with my camera now, just got to make sure its not using data on my local data. My Verizon plan has a limit on data, must not suppose to count on local network like my computer. The phone app would use data,think I will try and set up message alerts if motion is active.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Is there a easy way to get text alert when motion is detected? Using Amcrest Surveillance Pro, not sure how to set it up for text alerts? Is there a\ quick guide on this?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No way over ASP that I know of off hand... For best Alerts I would use honestly the Push Notice off your cell phone... However be it known that if your system runs IR at night you could be in for some very unhappy hours lol... You can always turn off notices on your cell when you don't want to come in or reduce the volume... The notice will still be in the Push Notice area of your app to refer too...

To set that up, Bring up your app, Click on the little 3 bars on the left, then click on Push Notification then configuration, then pick your camera or NVR, then move the tick to the right to enable it, Then it will give you options I would for data low pick Live View or Image The Image is the lowest impact. Then click on Motion detect and if it is say inside your garage and your camera has Audio I would also Pick the Audio Detected as I did on my Garage Cam.. Then save and you will get Push to your phone
Be Safe.