Any way to use browser to view the cam without any plugin?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
smurad

Re: Any way to use browser to view the cam without any plugin?

Post by smurad »

For anyone here struggling with plugin not working on web browsers such as latest Safari version this may be a temporary solution for you:

Firefox version 51.0 will still allow the use of the plugin, download it from Mozilla ftp website and install.

Go to advanced -> update -> select never check for updates (if it updates the plugin will not work)
Install Amcrest plugin as you normally would and under the Firefox addon menu choose 'always active'

Amcrest we need a solution for this and we need it fast! A proper chrome extension or plugin designed for modern browsers. Update the Amcrest Surveillance software while you are at it
savvy2

Post by savvy2 »

i run ff20 for home setups on my 3 cams, amcrest , firefox v20 (IE11 is big pain, endless errors\
windows 10 must use IE11 ,lower visions are banned, by MS.
ff v20 portable from sourceforge.
runs on A usb stick too.
just keep your main FF v64 closed, or they fight,ok?

wiki covers the FF V51 shut down most scripting but runs pure java but only newest.
if the maker would stick to Html5 Compliance, most things would work.

worse yet is remote (other side of earth) using ssl fails. certificates ended , 2016, dang.

even more sad ,no list of cameras sold that DO work.

I want 1 , non google owned brower to work, IE11, firefox, edge or opera?
must allow remote wide screen support. using say firefox, or ie11 or edge, windows 10 support not android
I do not what to look at my huge HD camera on some dinky cell phone screen, is this clear?

all my cams are on home gigalan. so never die as wifi loves to do. all that is up in my attic.
power feeds and Cat6 wires. and switches,
Jackie1

Post by Jackie1 »

This just worked for me!

Download this:

https://en.softonic.com/download/firefo ... t-download

I tried everything, for years, and this works!
SteveFox

Post by SteveFox »

We have a few dozens of Amcrest cameras and were looking for a way to stream them to HTML5 <video> tag with minimal latency. So we explored WebRTC options and tested Ant Media Server and Unreal Media Server, and found the latency to be stable 0.5 sec, which is good for us.

However, the audio needs to be transcoded from AAC to Opus. Hence the feature request - any plans to support Opus encoding in hardware/firmware?
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

cpthk wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:16 am I have the IP2M-841B unit. Is there any way to view the cam using browser without installing browser plugin? I usually travel to different computers to connect back to my cam. Not all the machines will allow me to install a browser plugin. I think the point of using browser is that it is mobile without any need to install software. So, to me installing a browser plugin kind of defeats the purpose of using the web-based viewer. I have an old unit of Foscam cam, and it does not require me to install anything to use browser to view the cam. I am fine with sacrificing the quality in exchange to mobility. Is there any way to do that? If not, what's the closest I could get to? Thanks.
Updating to the latest firmware for this camera has allowed me to use only the Chrome browser to view/edit camera settings (yes, even view the Live View part in the browser).