Amcrest Web View CHROME EXTENSION

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
martin777

Re: Amcrest Web View CHROME EXTENSION

Post by martin777 »

jack7 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:07 pm martin777,
Did you use Pale Moon 32 bit?
Good question. I'll try it.
Revo2Maxx wrote: Why is it that everyone is getting upset with Amcrest or even other CCTV companies when other people do things that Break what used to work...
Like Win10? :mrgreen:

Here's one reason why--->
Amcrest Web View. Best app for setting up an Amcrest camera--BAR NONE!
Version 1.0.1.4
Updated June 7, 2017

2 1/2 years since an update.
Complete OS's come out in that time frame.
Chrome updates every month.
Who's not keeping up?
And when Flash player and Java are put to sleep what then?
Firefox is my daily driver and i only use Chrome to stream (faster) and setting up cameras.

Respectfully---
IP2M-842E,848E,853E,858W (all PoE), 3-841W's WiFi
kamera14

Post by kamera14 »

I presume that Amcrest of deprecating web access in favour of their mobile apps. Most sane people who actually want to do stuff use PC's, not teeny little mobile devices. Amcrest should re-invest in a workable solution across PC platforms (Apple, Windows, Linux).
dancap5

Post by dancap5 »

2 and a half years is a lifetime in development of software. To not update your web view for this long is blatant disregard for all their users. The hardware AND the software is the camera and purchase itself. Even if you use other mobile apps, many settings especially NVRs will tell you to configure motion, overlay and privacy block and other tweaks with the web video interface. There has been a solution to replace legacy Flash, Java, ActiveX.. it is called HTML5 and its been standardizing since 2012.
Bottom line: I've been having a hard time doing Amcrest setups for myself and my customers I set up surveillance systems for and I do not like it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@dancap5 Hello and welcome to the Forum

I am not sure what your message is about? Having a hard time doing Amcrrest camera setups?

2 1/2 years for a software to work on a Web browser? I guess people don't understand it isn't IE or Chrome that is doing the work. They are Purely the Delivery Mechanism. Why? How can I say that... Well? If you would have looked at my IE a few days ago when I turned on my 841 that I got back form my Son. He didn't even use it often and come to find out when I asked him about it. He said he only took the Card out to look at the footage... So that camera was Released in 2015 it still had the First FW in it from 2015. When you look at the date on my IE when I turned it on and did a Factory Reset even though I had the password and things.. I wanted it to be Fresh new.. When I logged on I was shocked to see the (c) was from 2015. So now I use a 841 with NEW Version 12 software not the 11 that it just installed but the next up and guess what it shows 2019... Looks and feels the same However they are far from the same... The Software Package 11 is a 2017 package and the (c) date off that one says 2017... So for them to do as you said and update the software it is in the camera.... Updates have been coming out on Cameras that will get updates but that don't help buying older Cameras....

Hard to setup for you and your Customers? I am just a normal person like you. I don't work at Amcrest I have not installed Many of their cameras. Infact most of my cameras are BNC because I like to keep it simple lol... however I have around 5 Amcrest IP cameras, a few other branded. Amcrest seems to be rather easy for me t setup... With IE, Or Chrome or even Sea Monkey that one seems the fastest to use... I can have a camera installed on my Network within 2 min from turning it on to setting up Wifi and changing the IP's over to Static.. Everything after that is just management of settings for my Personal use... Cool thing is I have 8 cameras that are the same going on the same network going to use same SMTP and all them nice things... No problem 1 setup and copy the info to other cameras. Then only thing you have to do is change the names that it displays... TO make things easy DON'T set Name up until after you make the camera Export... Now I turned a task that I would hate into something I feel like I mastered. 8 Cameras setup in less then 1 hour all with working SMTP, or other things needed only programming in 1 camera... Importing into the rest... Geez I think the first time i installed my First IP camera it took me an hour just to get around the ability to setup the Wifi right... Now Amcrest very easy...

In the end... I would say before my Dad past away. One of the best things he taught me was If it isn't broke don't fix it... Don't try and re-invent the wheel it turns well enough...
Be Safe.
dancap5

Post by dancap5 »

I dont think you are getting the whole point from the chain of posts Revo. Firmware updates yes but to everything except web view or plugins. Their newest cameras are no different. I am a network administrator and do camera setups on the side. I can also get the cameras on the network within minutes. That is elementary to me. There are however deeper settings than the simple setup you may have done. The complaint here is that these very custom configs do require amcrest web interface while the live feed (old plugin) is loaded and working. An example is multi zone motion threshold. Getting the live feed to run on any of the alternate browsers requires multiple workarounds which sometimes work and sometimes do not. I spent more time getting the browser interface going than I spent on the NVR setup. So after a couple days, the customer wants this adjusted and that tweaked and now I am back at hoping the web view will load on any of the 3 browsers I installed. But your dad was right, once I get these settings going, I leave them be unless very necessary.
I do give praise to Amcrest for price, quality and all the other parts of their web config. No hard feelings to you or Amcrest in case the tone of this post is not conveyed.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I don't know... Sadly I have to say Before all this IP camera junk I haven't had issues with my camera setups lol... I prefer BNC camera systems... Less issues 1 IP to worry about and don't have to worry about how many IP's might get hacked...

Before I started messing with IP cameras my Router could go years without even seeing a reboot... Now I have to reboot all the time.. New Router Old router all same results lol... High memory and CPU routers because I don't like to buy slow things lol...

Out of all my testing on my Cameras systems... I will give 1 fact... While i have old Cisco Switches, I do have 2 24port 1 gigabit and 1 Poe with 2 Gig ports for link... My Cameras while being connected to my Switches. I did testing with them connected to both even though only need to 10/100 POE switch because they only run at 100m anyway but I tested out on Both and while any of my IP cameras that I have from Amcrest or other company have had 0 lag, 0 black screen issues, 0 Limited Resources unable to play Video that I get when they are connected to my Router... It don't matter if they are connected Via WIFI or cable the Router fails... Reboot and works for little while fails reboot and cameras work.... Don't feel blame of Amcrest camera for router issue... Bought New router same issue. Bought higher end router and same issue more often lol.... Connect Cameras back to Switch be it either one and Camera are stable no connection errors....
Be Safe.
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

Updating to the latest firmware for some of my cameras has allowed me to use only the Chrome browser to view/edit camera settings (yes, even view the Live View part in the browser).
DigitalPixel

Post by DigitalPixel »

Thoughts4You wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:16 am Updating to the latest firmware for some of my cameras has allowed me to use only the Chrome browser to view/edit camera settings (yes, even view the Live View part in the browser).
I received my IP8M-T2499EW and noticed with the original FW that it came with (2.622.00AC000.0.R Build Date: 2019-04-15) it asks me to install the plugin but when I click on the link it just show me directions how to install it. So when I search for Amcrest Web View in the Chrome Web Store there is no results shown. So I updated the FW to the latest version and now the camera loads the live view BUT I am missing all the features in the bottom left and top right. Now what do I do? The screenshot is what it looked like before the FW update.
Attachments
amcrest.JPG
amcrest.JPG (66.81 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
mcsslc

Post by mcsslc »

Unfortunately this is Amcrest's fault. You can not expect major brands like Google, Microsoft & Firefox to not change their technology just because Amcrest is asking them to. Amcrest please update your Firmware or whatever you need to do in order to support Chrome and more specifically Chromebooks otherwise these DVR's have to go back. We are testing a DVR just purchased: AMDV108116-H5 the web interface is great, much better than any other DVR that I have used but none of that helps if nobody on our campus can access the camera feed. We are all on chromebooks, chromebase, chromebits. I have tried the latest firmware with no success.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@mcsslc Hello and welcome to the forum

Sadly not sure what or why.. While the system you said you are Testing is a Current device that does get or does at least have an update from 2020 that does support Chrome JS and then you said that you have tried the latest FW and failed to work or with No Success as you said? Does that mean you were not able to Install the 2020 FW or that it didn't change the Ability to work with Chrome and other things that the update provides?

Also while that is current or somewhat current there is other Amcrest Products out there that came out in 2020 or even early 2021 that is Chome only out the gate and has AI for use within the DVR software.. the one your testing was released years ago and don't really show clear picture of Amcrest Current line up..
Be Safe.