Cant get emails to work (test failed)

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
greeman

Cant get emails to work (test failed)

Post by greeman »

OK, I have a IP3M-943 on the front porch, and several IP2M-841's inside. All are connected via wifi. All were working properly until I had a router that had to be hard reset, so I had to start over and reset each camera and reinstall them after the router was fixed. I had each camera set up to send an email when I selected "enable" on Motion Detect (I am working off the browser interface). I know for sure the front porch camera was sending my emails, as I leave motion detect enabled on it all the time. Since resetting my cameras I cannot get emails to work. I have tried various accounts (gmail, outlook, comcast, yahoo) and can't get any to work. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Here's a copy of my latest attempt..... (it also returns a "test failed"
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cant get emails to work (test failed)

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Have you tried the TLS 587? If it was working before... However if your 841's are on the Old Firmware then they wouldn't work with gmail sadly... SO if they are on the NEW fw they work...

I bought my own SMTP server so I wouldn't have to worry about my Non upgrade able cameras seeing they won't get FW update anymore....

However in most times they are a Pain anyway...

maybe you were getting Push Notices and thought it was Email Notices.. I don't know just an Idea....

Get 300 to 2000 a day that are just rain, or from night vision flares and all sorts of I wish it was easier to make Motion really work... Oh it does when I leave my cameras in Color.
Be Safe.
greeman

Post by greeman »

Hey thanks for looking. Finally got it working. I set it up with an Outlook email account I had. I had tried the Outlook earlier, but I think I may have been using an old password. Anyway,I have it now.
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

It wasn't the password, the Amcrest cameras/NVRs have a buggy TLS implementation that's accepted by some servers like Microsoft's ones but rejected by many others, including Google/Gmail. See the numerous other threads in these forums for details.