Corrupt/partial downloaded snapshot files

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
securewiz

Corrupt/partial downloaded snapshot files

Post by securewiz »

I have my NV2104E-HS set up to take a snapshot every 30 seconds. When I select a set of those images on the Playback page (event list) of Surveillance Pro and download them every 12 image or so is a corrupt or partial file - sometimes the image is as small as 1KB but ranges from 1KB to about 50% of the total data. If I then immediately select the same set of files and do the download again all the images are correctly downloaded, at least when the total set of images is less than about 100-200 images or so. If the number of images is above that then the second download also sees a random set of corrupt/partial files.

I'm using version 1.14.1, build date 2016-10-18. The images are 8MP snapshots from an Amcrest 4K bullet camera.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Corrupt/partial downloaded snapshot files

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I know no one wants to think it could be anything other then what your working with but I would guess seeing I have to reset my Router even using a Nighthawk router I have to reset mine at least once a week. Before I put in any IP cameras or had a lot of Traffic over my router i was able to go 6mo or even a year without a worry about issues. Not even just Wifi Related traffic over cable could lag. So now every week I will restart my Router.

Another thing to try seeing it is random. Maybe try replacing the Cable from your NVR to the Router or Switch however you have it connected.

Please note I am not saying this is the issue. I am offering some ideas of what I would do to try and correct them if it was me. Also things that I have had to do after all the hair pulling out and yelling at everyone to leave me alone until I can solve things. To find out that it was something that I never would have thought it could be. Now I have a Switch to tell me if cable is bad or connection is failing so it helps take out the guess work...

All else fails do you have your NVR do a Weekly Reboot? If not as some turn it off I would reboot your NVR...

Also had issues with a HDD fail, bad Thumb drive dirty thumbdrive connectors from transporting in my pocket.

So I would try to DL them on to a Thumb drive and see if your issue is the same.

Also depending on how you have your network set up it could be that there was a Traffic jam for the lack of better way to explain. Someone streaming youtube, someone watching Netflix and others playing games over the Internet if you have traffic at your home like I do at mine. That is the reason I went with a Switch to do all my Data traffic to free up the router to deal with internet traffic.
Be Safe.
securewiz

Post by securewiz »

Hi James, The fact the problem only occurs on the first download attempt implies a bug with Surveillance Pro - the second download attempt always works (again provided the number of files is less than around 200). The problem persists across reboots of the NVR. Operation of all the referenced gear is otherwise fine. Video recordings always download without issue.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok Well was all I could think of. Maybe someone will chime in that has had this issue or heard of another brand with like issue and how it was resolved.

Maybe write into Amcrest and see if there is anything that they might know of. [email protected] Always someone there willing to help. If you find a solution maybe post back to help others that might have same issues.

Sorry I wasn't much help on the matter.
Be Safe.