Cant connect iPhone to cameras

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
andremike

Cant connect iPhone to cameras

Post by andremike »

Hi, currently have 3 wifi cameras at my house and access them just fine with my wife's iPhone X. I setup 3 more camers at a different location with my android phone and they were setup and working just fine. I can access them on wifi or remotely on my cell phone data network.

I tried to add these 3 new camera to my wife's iPhone x throught the cellular network and they tell me they cannot connnect. The phone barely tries before giving up. I tried my daughters iPhone and got the same message. So what is it with iPhones? Do I need to add the cameras while on that wifi network?
I didnt need to do that with my android tablet.

Need help.. how do I connect with an iphone
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Cant connect iPhone to cameras

Post by longedge »

Are you using Amcrest View app?
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
andremike

Post by andremike »

Yes
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

I've only ever connected a camera when my iPhone was also logged in to the LAN and for me the most reliable method has been by entering the IP address manually - not much help sorry.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
duke69111

Post by duke69111 »

andremike wrote:Hi, currently have 3 wifi cameras at my house and access them just fine with my wife's iPhone X. I setup 3 more camers at a different location with my android phone and they were setup and working just fine. I can access them on wifi or remotely on my cell phone data network.

I tried to add these 3 new camera to my wife's iPhone x throught the cellular network and they tell me they cannot connnect. The phone barely tries before giving up. I tried my daughters iPhone and got the same message. So what is it with iPhones? Do I need to add the cameras while on that wifi network?
I didnt need to do that with my android tablet.

Need help.. how do I connect with an iphone
I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to set up a new system right out of the box. I have the camera's connected to the NVR just fine, but I can't get the camera's or the NVR added on two different iphones (an iphone 6 or 6s and an iphone 8). I keep getting messages that it failed to connect. I tried on wifi and cellular. I also tried connecting the camera's by ip address when connected to wifi and that did not work either.

I also tried to add the camera's on amcrestview.com thinking I could import them into the iphone app, but I get an error message there that says "Invalid S/N, be sure to enable P2P in your device". I've checked multiple times and the Serial Number i'm typing is correct and the P2P is working (as I was able to add them that way to my Android phone - See below).

The part that's weird is that I was able to add the cameras to the Amcrest View Pro app on my Android phone with no problem and they work like expected.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure I am much help. I am using Version 3.40.0071 Build Date 4-26-2018 on my Iphone without issue!

I did have to set it up Manually in the App.
I don't have phone Service on the phone because I upgraded to a S9 and XR 256gb so I use this iphone for music at the house and looking at the cameras when needed.

For manual Setup
Type IP/Domain
Device Name XYZ
Address 10.0.0.200
Port 37777
Username (Withheld)
Password (Withheld)
Liveview Extra

This is how I have it setup for my Iphone 6 I am also not on the same SSID as my IP camera but I am on the Same Router However I am using the 5G on the phone and normal wifi for the camera not that it matters as the phone connects on both 2.4 and 5G. Also in Liveview I have it set on Extra but I can and also run it under Main so don't feel that would be your problem However once you make that change if you don't press the liveview from below and go back to live view off menu on left side it will not change setting to new it needs to accept it by pressing the view live. Going to try and upload a Gif may not work
20190702_144242.gif
20190702_144242.gif (437.13 KiB) Viewed 2967 times
Be Safe.
James.S

Post by James.S »

We have seen an increase in P2P issues and from my understanding the engineering team has found the issue while I was off and they just told me the issue should be resolved. Please try the P2P method again. If you are still having issues please let me know so I can alert the team.

Hope all is well!
duke69111

Post by duke69111 »

James.S wrote:We have seen an increase in P2P issues and from my understanding the engineering team has found the issue while I was off and they just told me the issue should be resolved. Please try the P2P method again. If you are still having issues please let me know so I can alert the team.

Hope all is well!
I am still having trouble. I tried to add the my cameras and nvr again at amcrestview.com and it still says "Invalid S/N, be sure to enable P2P in your device".
Error
Error
Invalid SN.JPG (81.12 KiB) Viewed 2957 times
I will try on the iphone tonight.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

TBH I think you problem might be trying to go through Amcrestview While I don't want to say that is for sure the issue. I have my P2P turned off and I use the app on my Android S9 on my iPhone 6, the app on Windows 10 and Surveillance Pro, and if it wasn't such a pain to put in the IP OK i am lazy lol JK... But I do use the App at times for Win 10 that I DL when I tried to use Chrome. Don't know what it is called but use that as well. Just reset my S9 and got all my app installed from the backup and that was with the Pro App as well. However when I tried to connect to camera it didn't want to So I uninstalled it and installed app from play store. made connection to camera from tab of already connected device so I wouldn't have to try the SSID part of install seeing it was already connected... It is connected and working well...

I would maybe try and setup without amcrestview if that is able from your unit I guess not all Cameras are made the same so might only let you connect that way. I wouldn't think so...

Let us know how things work out incase other have same problem

Be Safe
James
Be Safe.
duke69111

Post by duke69111 »

duke69111 wrote:
James.S wrote:We have seen an increase in P2P issues and from my understanding the engineering team has found the issue while I was off and they just told me the issue should be resolved. Please try the P2P method again. If you are still having issues please let me know so I can alert the team.

Hope all is well!
I am still having trouble. I tried to add the my cameras and nvr again at amcrestview.com and it still says "Invalid S/N, be sure to enable P2P in your device".
Invalid SN.JPG

I will try on the iphone tonight.
Quick update:

I tried the add the camera's through the iphone 6s yesterday and I was able to get them added to the app. It took a couple of tries on some, but they did finally connect through the app.

Regarding amcrestview.com, that is still not working and shows the same error message as in my screenshot from the previous post.