Incorrect time stamp

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
soblest

Incorrect time stamp

Post by soblest »

I just received two new ProHD 1080P Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi cameras. I installed one and upgraded the firmware - no problem. Actually, the Youtube instruction didn't mention the cloud "Check version/Update" function. It worked on my first try.

Second camera - I tried to initiate the cloud "Check version/Update" feature via IPConfig program but it did not work again. I couldn't even click the "Check Version" button. Then, I followed Youtube instructions for firmware upgrade. My browser keeps timing out after/during the camera reboot.

Problems:
1. Browser view of second camera keeps timing out during reboot of camera during "manual" firmware upgrade process.
2. Time stamp on second camera says it's Jan. 1, 2000.
3. I can no longer click the "Check Version" button under system upgrade.

I'm currently using the Firefox browser but I've tried Internet Explorer and Chrome. No luck.

Thanks for any help.
soblest

Re: Incorrect time stamp

Post by soblest »

I found the solution to correcting the time stamp.

Using the IP Config app,
- Select the gear "Config" icon for the camera in question.
- Enter appropriate user ID and password info to login.
- Click on "Info" icon.
- Choose to either "Sync PC" to sync with your computer's time or "Manual Sync" to manually enter a starting time.

I'm still interested in an answer to my question about the issue I'm having with timing out during an upgrade. I'm also still interested in why the cloud firmware upgrade button is no longer functional.

Thanks for any help.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
Sorry for the delayed response. We are experiencing some issue with the Cloud firmware update and are working on it at the moment. As for the one camera timing out while firmware update, could you check what is the cameras' current firmware version under System> Version? If its not the latest, try doing a hard reset on the camera by pressing down the indicator light on the back for 10-15 seconds until the light turns red. This will erase all camera settings and you will have to set up the camera from scratch again unfortunately. Please try doing firmware update after that and see how it goes.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Casper

Post by Casper »

Thank you soblest. I had to change my settings but couldn't figure out how.
amcrest-fan

Post by amcrest-fan »

I had the same problems before but I fixed it. I bought three Amcrest cameras but two had incorrect time stamp, only one was correct. I solved the problem by installing Amcrest View Pro for PC , for my case, it's Amcrest view pro for Windows 10.
First, Plug in the camera to the power, added the camera SN (serial #) to the Amcrest view Pro, after the device was added and connected successfully, I opened the "maintenance " page of this camera, then clicked the " Date Time" drop list, select "sync with PC", after that my cameras have correct time stamp, no more discrepancies.
I tried the Amcrest IP Config to fix the time stamp but it couldn't find the device even I connected my camera to the router with Ethernet cable, so don't try IPConfig. Use Amcrest View pro for Windows or Mac.