Frame Loss - Downloading Playback Videos

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
desmo200

Frame Loss - Downloading Playback Videos

Post by desmo200 »

When I plug in a USB stick to my NVR (NV2108E) to download previously recorded video the quality is perfect and there are no lost frames. But the further away I get it drops more and more frames. My NVR connects directly to my router via Ethernet.

So if I am on my desktop, also plugged in via Ethernet, there are a few dropped frames. The video will skip once or twice per minute of footage.

If I am on a laptop in my house on the WiFi, then it is worse.

If I am remote over the Internet then forget about it, the video quality and dropped frames make the video freeze up or pixel or even make it unplayable on VLC.

I have tried Mainstream, Sub-stream, custom time ranges, events, all video formats, Amcrest Pro app and web server. All with similar results.

Is the download some kind of video stream that if packets are lost the video is corrupt? I was hoping it would be more like an FTP download where it is transferring a video file, should be all or nothing. Is everyone plugging into their NVR for playback download or is anyone having success with network and/or remote access?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Frame Loss - Downloading Playback Videos

Post by Melvin »

Hello desmo200,

If the firmware of the NVR is not up to date, please update it. Then do a factory reset and re-add the camera. This is not an easy task but I believe this will help.

You can compare the build date of the firmware on the NVR with what is available on our website.

https://amcrest.com/firmware-subscribe
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

desmo200

Re: Frame Loss - Downloading Playback Videos

Post by desmo200 »

The firmware was already up to date (3.200.AC00.0 - 2017-5-16)

After factory reset I am still having the same symptoms.