Motion Detection Stills Gaps ProHD IP2M-841

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
MtnTech

Motion Detection Stills Gaps ProHD IP2M-841

Post by MtnTech »

I had hoped to first search the forum in case anyone else had already discussed the same problem, but "motion" and "detection" aren't searchable terms.

I do not use my camera to record video, nor do I use external storage or delivery mechanisms. I simply take snapshots when motion is detected, up to once per second, and have those images written to an FTP drop on my network.

I've noticed that when there is small, gradual movement (like a cat moving through) it will take pictures as desired. However, when there are sudden, large changes in the frame (a door opens, a person walks in) it only takes one picture at the start and then skips taking pictures until the person has left again. It's like it's throwing out anything with too much delta, which is the opposite of what I want.

I've read the limited documentation but have yet to figure out what settings will resolve this. Select current settings:

Video>Snapshot
>Snapshot Type: General
> Interval: 1s
Event>Video Detection>Motion Detect
> Enable: <checked>
> Anti-Dither: currently 0, but have tried 1, 20, and other numbers to no avail
> Snapshot <checked> and the "3" is selected in [1,3,5] -- Help doesn't explain this setting
RiCK@RCS

Re: Motion Detection Stills Gaps ProHD IP2M-841

Post by RiCK@RCS »

MtnTech > "Snapshot <checked> and the "3" is selected in [1,3,5] -- Help doesn't explain this setting"

This setting is the number of snapshot photos you want taken per event.

If you set it to 3 and have the email settings on, you will be mailed 3 photos per mail.
Mildew

Re: Motion Detection Stills Gaps ProHD IP2M-841

Post by Mildew »

It will take a snapshot every second for three seconds. So, if the event is, say 5 seconds, you will not get a snapshot at the 4 or 5 second mark. Change the Snapshot setting from 3 to 5. If that's not good enough for you, change the 1s to a 2s. Make sense?