Latest app update causing slow live streaming connections

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mmletzko

Re: Latest app update causing slow live streaming connections

Post by mmletzko »

Yup - I'm waiting too. It doesn't help much to only be able to view the cameras from my house.

Can't you just revert back to the old version for download until you figure out what's going on? This is obviously affecting a lot of people.
jsg12

Post by jsg12 »

Two weeks and no reply. The inability to access live cameras from an Iphone app with no other alternative is very disappointing. It can take up to 5 minutes to load a live view that used to take seconds.

Multiple people on this forum have reported this issue yet still no update or fix to the app.

I was going to buy more Amcrest cameras but will probably switch to Foscam whose support for their app is apparently superior. Will probably also adjust my review on Amazon for these cam's as someone else noted....what good is a web camera if you can only reliably access it from the same location as the camera?
rclark31978

Post by rclark31978 »

I've been in contact with support and have answered multiple questions about this issue. So I know they are looking at it. No word on when they expect to resolve it though.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello all,

We understand your concern and we are currently working to immediately resolve this issue. Please note that Amcrest View can still be accessed through WiFi networks. As a temporary solution, you may also access your cameras over 3G network via Amcrest Cloud. We thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us.

Please do provide us with the below info that will help us resolve the issue asap.

Camera Model
Phone Type
Phone OS
Phone service Provider
Region
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Kcam

Post by Kcam »

Request # 183602
NV4108E
IP4M-1026E
IP4M-1028E
IP2M-844E

Iphone 6
AT&T
Texas Panhandle

Ipad Mini
lastest OS
through Verizon Mifi
Texas Panhandle
ziad25314

Post by ziad25314 »

Melvin wrote:Hello all,

We understand your concern and we are currently working to immediately resolve this issue. Please note that Amcrest View can still be accessed through WiFi networks. As a temporary solution, you may also access your cameras over 3G network via Amcrest Cloud. We thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us.

Please do provide us with the below info that will help us resolve the issue asap.

Camera Model
Phone Type
Phone OS
Phone service Provider
Region
Yup having same problem, and its driving me insane. Cannot connect via LTE on my phone anymore, which is how I use these cameras 99% of the time. MAJOR problem

IP2M-841B
iPhone X
iOS 11.2
ATT
Kentucky
graves14

Post by graves14 »

I have 6 cameras configured at 3 different locations:

IPM-723B
iPhone 7
iOS 11.2.2
ATT
Massachusetts and Maine
ziad25314

Post by ziad25314 »

Nothing amcrest? Ive even emailed support with no help. This is so frustrating. The half a dozen friends/family that I recommended get this camera are also having issues.
MrDouf

Post by MrDouf »

Count me in!
Since the update it takes a very long time to connect to the Cam in LTE.

Can Amacrest please post a link to the old APK version until the problem is fix?
vlwhittington

Post by vlwhittington »

I have had Amcrest cameras for almost a year and all of a sudden they keep failing to connect or when they do connect it's after churning for minutes. I use these cameras to monitor my elderly father who has dementia. When he gets turned around in his apartment I've been able to help him get where he's trying to go. For over a month now, it's been intermittent. I'm so scared he's going to need me and I can't see him! Anyone with a fix please help!!!

IMP721S
IP2M-841
iPhone
iOS 11.2.5
Sprint
Central Florida
(doesn't connect via LTE or wifi)