user name / password keeps getting messed up

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
kentkallsen

user name / password keeps getting messed up

Post by kentkallsen »

I have IP2M-841B that I was able to initially get connected using my iphone and my home wifi router. During the process, I changed the password away from admin as requested. After connecting via iphone app I also tried to connect via PC and the IP config tool found the camera but when I tried to login using the new password I set up, it would not let me in and eventually locked me out.

I then did a reset and was able to get relogged in via iphone app. Then while simply exploring the the app, the connection was lost, indicated my user name / password was incorrect and again locked me out.

So far the out of box experience as been lousy. I hope that someone can share a fix to the password issue, because resetting the unit constantly isn't going to cut it.

Anyone?

Thanks, K
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: user name / password keeps getting messed up

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
If you are changing the default password through the phone app, it might be the problem. Please try resetting the cam and then set up the cam on a PC.
https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ar ... PC-or-Mac-
Also if you use the phone app, use a password that is not more than six characters and see if that helps.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

kentkallsen

Post by kentkallsen »

I went to a 5 character simple password on my iphone app and that seams to have worked.
Raheel

Post by Raheel »

Hey kentkalisen,

That's great to hear, we're experiencing some reports regarding passwords longer than 6 characters are not being registered on the app, we've submitted a new app to both Android and iOS this past week to fix this issue. The Android app has already been released through a new update, the iOS app should be released sometime this week that will correct this problem.
benzion

Post by benzion »

Hi

I use IP Pro application on iphone to access my cameras. Before I registerd everythink worked fine. After registation I login successfully, but the image from camera is black and on it written "wrong password". BTW I do see my cameras on laptop. via e-seenet.com website.

Pls advise.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello benzion ,

Go to the device manager from the app menu and click edit and ensure that the you have the correct password for the camera in the app.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us