Setting up email on Amcrest ProHD (IP2M-841)

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
syouchnow

Setting up email on Amcrest ProHD (IP2M-841)

Post by syouchnow »

Hi All:

I've been trying to set up email for my ProHD and nothing seems to work. I've tried using Google (yes, I got an application-specific password) and I've tried Comcast. Whatever I do I get the "Email test failed" message. Is there some problem with the camera's software? I've also tried disabling the firewall in my wifi router, no difference. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Steve Y
Greg72

Re: Setting up email on Amcrest ProHD (IP2M-841)

Post by Greg72 »

I have "Enable SSL or TLS" box checked
SMTP Server should be smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port should be 465
enter app specific password without spaces

any of those work?
syouchnow

Post by syouchnow »

I tried with SSL and then with TLS. Still getting the "Email test failed" message
bennor

Post by bennor »

With Gmail one generally has to disable the Gmail 2 step security feature: https://support.google.com/accounts/ans ... 4203?hl=en

One also has to make sure to use the correct email server name and correct port number for SSL or TLS.

smtp.gmail.com
SSL 465
TLS 587
syouchnow

Post by syouchnow »

I thought the application-specific password allows logging on even with 2-step verification
Brien

Post by Brien »

Also, in the user name field omit the "@gmail.com"
syouchnow

Post by syouchnow »

Tried everything, nothing works! Any suggestions?
Thanks
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
Are you able to access your camera from a computer or phone? When you use gmail, under the settings for gmail, you also have an option to enable 'less secure apps'. Please enable it and try again. If it still fails, go the camera's network settings and change the IP type to DHCP and reboot the camera and try again.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

syouchnow

Post by syouchnow »

Well, the only thing I did was turn off DHCP (it was on), select static, cleared all the addresses, set DHCP on and rebooted the camera. Now it works - thanks to all who helped
LBLT

Post by LBLT »

syouchnow had the ONLY solution that would work for me: change DHCP to 'static", clear the IP values to all 0's, save, change to 'DHCP', save and reboot. Once everything comes back up test email successful. Also I turned on gmail's 'allow less secure apps', used port 587 and TLS for smtp.gmail.com.