IP2M-841E 2 way audio not working

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
budchevy358

IP2M-841E 2 way audio not working

Post by budchevy358 »

I can't get the 2 way audio to work from my POE camera, IP2M-841E, through the app or web interface. I can hear the audio from the camera, they just can't hear me over the camera. Green light is on solid in the back and it connects fine through the NVR.

I tried to look at the volume settings, but Amcrest isn't doing a good job keeping the manuals up to date with the latest versions. I have no options like they show in page 87 of the manual. I only have a few audio options under Image>enncode in the web browser.

Any suggestions? Firmware is 2.420.
budchevy358

Re: IP2M-841E 2 way audio not working

Post by budchevy358 »

Anyone?

Tech support is WORTHLESS!

I got a new camera per their recommendation and it does not allow two way audio over the app or web interface. The volume is all at 100% for the mic and speaker. I can hear audio to me but can't talk over it. I tried to disconnect all others on the NVR and put this in channel 1, nothing.

It seems most of the users on here provide better support than Amcrest does. I am very disappointed purchasing this system and the lack of knowledge and documentation available. Every issue I have had I had to figure out on my own as the manual was either not available or was incorrect. Same with the support calls and emails. I was told my cameras don't support audio, yet I ran mics and powered separately and got it on the line in. I was told that would not work and I could only record to channel 1, yet when I did try to connect to channel 1 I still got no audio recorded.

Sorry, I am just incredibly frustrated that such a simple thing is wasting so much of my time.
julesism

Post by julesism »

I've got the same issue as you on three of my 841's (2 re WiFi and 1 is PoE). I noticed this started a few months ago and assumed it was the 3rd party app I was using. I can hear from the cam just fine but cannot "talk" to the camera using browser, iPhoneX, or multiple Android devices :(

*EDIT*
mic works if I use the official Amcrest View Pro app -_- It used to work fine via browser GUI and 3rd party apps.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello julesism ,

Not being able to talk back from the web interface might be due to the plugin denied to access the MIc of the device you are trying to talk from. If useing IE, add the cameraip address to trusted sites and see if that helps.

Also the Amcrest View Pro app should have permission to access the phone MIC. This should be checked under app permissions.

If the issue persists from multiple devices, its also possible that the camera has a faulty speaker.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

lyradmil

Post by lyradmil »

Not necro-posting but I also have the same problem to date. My configuration involves connecting several IP2M-841E cameras to an NV4108E NVR.

Amcrest tech support got back saying that 2-way audio functionality gets disabled when the cameras are connected to the NVR. This basically nullifies the intention of my purchase. No indication made whatsoever about the lost functionality for this setup
jwoodard80

Post by jwoodard80 »

So, I ran into this as well and, after MUCH frustration, I have managed a solution/workaround to have both. I did this with just 2-3 cams but you could do it with all your voice-enabled cams. I post this for future reference.

I set the camera I wanted 2-way with to different TCP/UDP ports (IE:TCP 40001/UDP 40002) and port forwarded them out my router. If I have multiple cameras then I need to have separate ports for each cam and PrtFwd them all.

(IE: Kitchen - 40001 tcp / 40002 udp and Living Room - 40005 tcp / 40006 udp)

I then gave my NVR the newly changed TCP port of the respective camera and they continue to work. When I add them in the app or the surv. PRO software I created a new group "Intercoms" and added these connections there.

I now have my NVR as I want and I just have to open the specific cam in the intercom group to have 2-way.

A bit of a hassle but it does function.
seraniz

Post by seraniz »

julesism wrote:I've got the same issue as you on three of my 841's (2 re WiFi and 1 is PoE). I noticed this started a few months ago and assumed it was the 3rd party app I was using. I can hear from the cam just fine but cannot "talk" to the camera using browser, iPhoneX, or multiple Android devices :(

*EDIT*
mic works if I use the official Amcrest View Pro app -_- It used to work fine via browser GUI and 3rd party apps.
Not being able to talk back from the web interface might be due to the plugin denied to access the MIc of the device you are trying to talk from. If useing IE, add the cameraip addr https://cleanmaster.me/ https://www.oovoo.com/adam4adam/ https://mathway.vip/ess to trusted sites and see if that helps.