Overlay Settings not being saved

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
BZCheeto

Overlay Settings not being saved

Post by BZCheeto »

Hi,

I have a new camera that I've been attempting to set up. I've run into some issues.... One of them is the ability for the camera to keep its settings. Specifically, I would like the timestamp to always be on the video. Despite my trying multiple times over the course of two weeks, each time I reboot the camera, the timestamp is gone. The other settings (that I made changes to) seem to stay, but not the overlay settings...yes, I tried channel overlay and it didn't stay either.

Do you suppose you could take a look ? I would like to continue to reboot the camera once a day.
Stanley
Site Admin

Re: Overlay Settings not being saved

Post by Stanley »

Hello,

May I know how did you reboot the camera? Have you tried manual rebooting under System--> Auto maintain?
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

BZCheeto

Post by BZCheeto »

Hi Stanley,

Yes, I have tried the manual rebooting under the System --> Auto maintain. Just for posterity, I just did a manual reboot and the overlay settings disappear upon reboot. :(
Stanley
Site Admin

Post by Stanley »

Hello,

We will try to reproduce the issue and notify the developers on this. We hope to come up with a solution asap.Please accept our apologies.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

BZCheeto

Post by BZCheeto »

Anything ?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
We have tested it from here but could not reproduce the issue. Please update the firmware and I believe this should fix the issue. Please find the link for firmware update.
http://amcrest.com/firmware

BZCheeto

Post by BZCheeto »

Hi Melvin,

I wish I had better news;

I downloaded the update and installed. I've rebooted and applied the timestamp, text, title, and privacy masking. I verified that I could see those things in a live view. I then rebooted the device and the privacy masking and text are there, but no title or timestamp.

Cheeto
biotron2000

Post by biotron2000 »

I'm having the same issue with one of my two cameras. Since it is mounted upside-down, it loses the mirroring and flip settings as well.
rchabot

Post by rchabot »

I'm having the same problem with my camera that is mounted upside down (image flipped). My other camera that is mounted upright is not experiencing this problem.

Not only does the overlay disappear but my video settings change from 1080P to VGA for both the main and sub streams.

Below is a copy + paste from the Information --> Version tab from the camera having the problem:
Software Version 2.420.AC00.9.R, build : 2015-11-21
WEB Version 3.2.1.308558
ONVIF Version 2.4.1

I have even tried manually downloading the firmware and applying it, no change.
Louiskst

Post by Louiskst »

I have the issue with any and all settings. It's locked into settings I made a few months back. Two things have happened since then. I've flipped the camera upside down and it received the new update that came out around that time.

Since others are have this problem and their cameras are also upside down I'll try flipping the video back and seeing if for some reason that setting prevents others from saving. My next step will be a complete reset to see if that fixes it.