NVR firmware update experiences

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
WilliamA

Re: NVR firmware update experiences

Post by WilliamA »

Yes, Amcrest needs to acknowledge the issue and provide a fix. This is affecting both of my NVRs (NV4108 and NV4432).
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

Sadly, Amcrest RMA Department has informed me that they will not replace the quality drive I returned with my malfunctioning NVR due to their policies. They gave me a sub-standard disk drive after they returned a refurbished NVR, which BTW still has the same exact problems the original unit had. So now I have a refurbished unit, with the same problems, and a much lower quality disk drive with high failure rates, all due to Amcrest's policies.

I like to give reviews online on Companies and their products. I believe that Companies that do a good job deserve to receive due credit. And Companies that do a poor job also deserve due credit. It is the principle of the matter that is important to me. I am in process now of providing my review on Amcrest, it's products, its customer service and it's policies on high visibility retailer sites. I suspect the very small savings that Amcrest made on sending out a cheap, sub-standard disk drive will likely end up being quite expensive for them.
Amcrest configuration profile:

NV4432E POE NVR
4 x IP3M-954E
1 x IP3M-956E
2 x IP3M-HX2
1 x IP4M-1025E
2 x IP4M-1026E
klbj1961

Re: NVR firmware update experiences NV4108e

Post by klbj1961 »

NV4108E - was working fine before the firmware update. Now I am unable to playback any video that has been recorded. it shows that video has been recorded but when playing back---- nothing. Cameras keep dropping off the NVR and I have to continually have to reboot the NVR to get them to show back up. This is pathetic. I have called Amcrest several times but since I don't speak Indian and Ramapag refuses to transfer me to Amcrest support in Houston, I am stuck with a piece of shit that is not working. I am 800 miles away from where I have the system installed and and now have a huge security issue. Amcrest - social media is a powerful tool and I intend to use it to help you realize that this firmware needs to be fixed soon.
hshalom

Post by hshalom »

I also have aweful issues with NV4108E NVR running the General_NVR4xxx_Eng_N_Amecrest_V3.200.AC00.0.R.20170704 Firmware.
All issues have started after upgrading.

1. Cannot play recordings and push notifications when connecting from WAN (practically, when I'm out of the house and connecting remotely). I can see live video, but the recordings are either black window or a few snapshots or bits and pieces of the playback.
When connecting via LAN, video playback works. Applies both for PC browser and phone app.
2. Phone app crashes when trying to view recordings.
3. HTTPS server becomes unresponsive after the unit has been running for a while. My browser finishes TCP handshake, then initiates TLS handshake, but the server does not respond. Rebooting the NVR recovers, but if I'm not at home, this is not very useful.
4. Setting "auto maintain" option to reboot every day has no effect, after reboot the values reset back to every Tuesday at 2:00am. This was my mitigation for the FW issues, but now possible only once a week.

Unfortunately, there is no way to downgrade to the previous version, the unit reports "Conntion time is out" (original phrasing).
I sent my few months old unit for RMA and got a beat up replacement box which has the same exact issues running the same messed up FW.

I created 4 tickets for each issue, but Amcrest support closed them and consolidated to a single one, as if they are all the same.
So far there is no solution available, only appologies from the poor support team.

Since I have been very patient about this and nothing has happened to fix these issues, it's time to gather and go public and/or pursue legal options.

Thanks,
Hai
markcm

Post by markcm »

I updated my NV4108 a few months back to 3.200.AC00.0, build date 2017-07-04.

I have 4 IP2M and 3M cameras and everything seems to be working correctly for me.

I bought the NV4108 refurb'd from Amcrest on ebay for about $70, and the cameras refurb'd from buydig or something like that also on ebay for about $50ea, they all came packaged like new and work well.
stevecapell

Post by stevecapell »

I too am having very poor playback it will start to play back and then completely stop. I've rebooted and nothing seems to help.
kicker50

Post by kicker50 »

I too have had issues after updating the firmware on my NV4108 . The playback through the view pro app either doesn't work at all, extremely slow, or plays back garbled/artifacted . I opened a support case but was told the bug would be reported to development and to waiting for an firmware update to fix the issue. I'm still waiting.......
lmm

Post by lmm »

If someone needs a previous 4108 file i have this one.

one thing i do is always download the updates so i can revert if necessary. never update via a tool.
Attachments
General_NVR4xxx_Eng_N_Amecrest_V3.200.AC00.0.R.20170704+(1).bin
(14.02 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello everyone,

Our R&D is currently looking into this issue. We do have a newer version of firmware lined up for release and hope to address these issues. We do apologize for the inconvenience.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

kicker50

Post by kicker50 »

Melvin, do you have an ETA on the new firmware update?