Amcrest View Pro stops working after latest firmware update

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Raptor

Re: Amcrest View Pro stops working after latest firmware update

Post by Raptor »

It would appear that Amcrest is having a lot of issues with firmware. I recently updated my NVR and it became unstable and malfunctioning. Unfortunately it would not allow me to downgrade the version, it would crash and reboot. I've installed a new NVR and I am having trouble getting my cams to display and update the feeds using the iOS Amcrest View Pro app. The cameras slowly display (if at all) and the feeds are frozen and infrequently update. I'm certain Amcrest's recommendations are going to involve performing a hard reset or reload the software. I wonder how well firmware is tested before release?
Amcrest configuration profile:

NV4432E POE NVR
4 x IP3M-954E
1 x IP3M-956E
2 x IP3M-HX2
1 x IP4M-1025E
2 x IP4M-1026E
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

I'm also having issues with my cams images loading in the iOS Viewer Pro and the images then updating. All occurring since my latest firmware updates. There is something going on with the firmware updates. IMO, Amcrest needs to acknowledge this and provide updates on their progress to very quickly resolve this for its customers.
Amcrest configuration profile:

NV4432E POE NVR
4 x IP3M-954E
1 x IP3M-956E
2 x IP3M-HX2
1 x IP4M-1025E
2 x IP4M-1026E
bob13bob

Post by bob13bob »

man, this wasted so much of my time. I have multiple cameras and updated the firmware on one. couldn't get video over the net via amcrest's ddyns server and port forwarding. Went back to the website and flashed the previous firmware; same problem still. The stock camera still worked, so I googled the firmware version from it called
for the IP3M-956 camera. I wouldn't flash this old firmware unless you ahve the same camera.
Amcrest_IPC-ACKXXX_Eng_N_AMCREST_V2.420.AC00.26.R.20160602.bin
downloaded from a 3rd party website and flashed it, it works now.

garbage QA, they never gonna fix it at this point, as the huge bug shipped on two version already.
narrowfoot

Post by narrowfoot »

I had to do the same. Amcrest firmware is crap.
cdipierr wrote:I've got the same issues going on.

With the latest "v11" firmware, the Amcrest plugin for Chrome no longer works when viewed through external sources (port mapped through the router). I have 3 cameras, 2 of them have been updated, and both of those fail, while the 3rd still on the older version works. In my case, the Android app does still work as does the Chrome plugin on the internal network. Externally though, it's always "Resources are limited..."

My fix for now has been to flash the cameras back tot he older version (I can post a link if anyone needs it). This works, but annoyingly asks me if I want to upgrade every time I login.
alaskan

Post by alaskan »

how do you get the old firmware?
wpkaz

Partial Solution Found

Post by wpkaz »

I got back home after 3 months away. Upgraded my cameras in July remotely and was not able to see any of them using the Amcrest View App. Also, could not use "playback". Got home, did a hard reset (required according to Amcrest for this firmware upgrade) and still could not see my cameras on the app. I deleted my cameras on the app and then re-entered them using the scan code feature (works with entering s/n also). VOILA! I can once again use the app with the upgraded firmware. Not sure if this will work for everyone. Only problem - you have to be in your wifi environment to add the cameras. Therefor, as happened to me, I was gone for a long period of time while monitoring my cameras and could not add them to the app while away. Luckily I had another app that I could view the cameras but could not watch "playback".
cincyjoe12

Post by cincyjoe12 »

I'm guessing this still hasn't been resolved? I stupidly updated two of my camera's firmware and now I cannot view my cameras via DDNS (using port forwarding). I can only view them using P2P or using the local IP address on the cameras local network. Software Version 2.400.AC02.15.R, Build Date: 2017-07-31

Even worse, I can only go back 1 firmware version via amcrest website and that version is still broken. I'd really like to resolve this issue.

EDIT: After some trial and error, I've discovered that in order for the video to show back up (Resources are limited error), the forwarding port setup on the router must exactly match the HTTP port (Network -> Connection) setup for the camera.

For example: My camera's HTTP port is 80. I go into my router and setup portforwarding. I select my camera's ip and input it's local HTTP port which is 80. Then I input the port that it is to be forwarded to. The forwarded port must be 80. If you set the forwarded port to anything but 80, video will not show up. If your camera's HTTP port is 9000, then the forwarded port must be 9000 or video will not show up.

This is not how it worked in previous firmware versions and this should be corrected.
jonrose

Post by jonrose »

cdipierr wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:15 pm I've got the same issues going on.

With the latest "v11" firmware, the Amcrest plugin for Chrome no longer works when viewed through external sources (port mapped through the router). I have 3 cameras, 2 of them have been updated, and both of those fail, while the 3rd still on the older version works. In my case, the Android app does still work as does the Chrome plugin on the internal network. Externally though, it's always "Resources are limited..."

My fix for now has been to flash the cameras back tot he older version (I can post a link if anyone needs it). This works, but annoyingly asks me if I want to upgrade every time I login.
Hi, could you please let me know how to flash back to old firmware, got exactly the same issue on PC, IOS fine since new firmware, many thanks, regards, Jon