NV4108E not recording

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
usmc1811

NV4108E not recording

Post by usmc1811 »

Hello,

I have an NV4108E with (4) 4MP camera connected via Cat5E cables. I have the system configured for motion detection and to take a snapshot and record. I do get the snapshots. When I go to playback mode and see the motion events on the bottom line and click on them to play, I get *nothing* displayed. I do see the time advancing, but nothing is displayed. I have it set to *always* record motion on the main and extra streams. I know my disk is full, but I also have it set to overwrite, so I would not expect this to be an issue.

In preview mode I do see all my cameras (sometimes I have to 'reconnect' them when I log back in).

What have I missed? I can save the config and upload it if needed.

Web:3.1.0.5
System Version:3.200.AC00.0
Build Date:2016-03-30

Any ideas what I may have done wrong or what else I should check?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E not recording

Post by Melvin »

Hello usmc1811,

Are you facing this issue from a monitor/TV directly connected to the NVR or from the web interface on a computer? Are you able to see the yellow bars showing there is recording?
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

usmc1811

Post by usmc1811 »

I called tech support and found 2 things.

1) I made a mistake in selecting the days and only selected Wednesday (so I should have video from today, but no).

2) I was using IE and for unknown reasons, IE was NOT rendering the video that DID record today. A few changes and I am not using firefox and it works.
usmc1811

Post by usmc1811 »

PS - I do not have any monitor connected to the NVR. I connect as needed with my Windoze system.