Help! Can't access cams outside of router/firewall after cam firmware upgrade!

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dtcamcrest

Help! Can't access cams outside of router/firewall after cam firmware upgrade!

Post by dtcamcrest »

I upgraded the firmware of my 4 Amcrest cameras to the most recent 2017 ones, and now I can't access their video outside my home anymore - but I can still access the settings. Nothing changed on my router. What should I do next?

My setup:
I have a IP2M-841W, IP4M-1025E, IP-721W, IPM-HX1W

I have them set up with static IPs inside my router/firewall - 192.168.1.70-74

In my router, I have Port Forwarding set such that Port 18708 goes to 192.168.1.70:80, and Port 18703 goes to 192.168.1.70:37777, 18718 goes to .71:80, 18713 goes to .71:3777, etc.

Things were going great. I was able to access my cameras via web UI, iOS app, and Amcrest Surveillance Pro windows app inside and outside the home.

Of course then I decided to increase security by upgrading to the latest 2017 firmwares for all 4 of them.

Here's where it gets weird:
-Inside the firewall/router - everything works great.
-Outside the firewall/router:
1. Accessing via Web works.
2. Accessing via Port 18708 allows me to change the settings of the camera, but not view the video! For any of my 4 cameras! ARRGHGHGHGH! :oops:

Any idea what changed in the firmware that broke my set up?

Screenshots here:
CanAccess.jpg
CanAccess.jpg (94.09 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
CanConfigure.jpg
CanConfigure.jpg (86.47 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
NoVideo.jpg
NoVideo.jpg (84.89 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
marvinpandroid

Re: Help! Can't access cams outside of router/firewall after cam firmware upgrade!

Post by marvinpandroid »

I have the same issue. I have five IP2M-841 units. Two of those have been upgraded to the latest firmware, 2.420.AC00.17.R, and those units are no longer accessible outside of my home network. Internal access works just fine.

I used my firewall to trace packets and I don't see anything that is being dropped, so I really don't know where to look next. All of the cameras are configured with their original port settings, and I use the firewall to translate specific external ports to the cameras I'm trying to connect with.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Help! Can't access cams outside of router/firewall after cam firmware upgrade!

Post by Melvin »

Hi marvinpandroid,

Did you add the cameras using serial number or IP/DDNS?.
Could you please give us a call back to our support line 8882127538(8:00 AM - 7:30 PM CST Monday - Friday & 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM CST On Weekends).
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

scuzy

Post by scuzy »

was there any resolution to this issue? i'm having the same issue with port forwarding.
emanresu1

Post by emanresu1 »

No fix for this. Same exact thing happened to my cameras after firmware upgrade. Amcrest support just tells people to reset their cameras. I am going to return my two cameras. Amcrest has garbage support.

Here's my thread on the same exact issue.
https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2951
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello emanresu1 ,

Sorry to hear about the issue. After firmware update we do recommend a hard reset of the cameras. Are you facing issues via the P2P method or IP/DDNS?
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

emanresu1

Post by emanresu1 »

Melvin wrote:Hello emanresu1 ,
Sorry to hear about the issue. After firmware update we do recommend a hard reset of the cameras. Are you facing issues via the P2P method or IP/DDNS?
Facing IP/DDNS issues only with the Amcrest android app. I can access my Amcrest cameras remotely using other 3rd party android IP camera apps. I can receive push notification motion detection alerts to my Amcrest android app. What I can't do is see a video stream using the Amcrest android app.

My IP/DDNS configuration is working as it should because I can access the Amcrest cameras externally and configure them as if I was on the local network they are on.

The reason I find the hard reset option not a good solution is due to the fact that I spent lots of time configuring these cameras. A hard reset wipes all that work away.
scuzy

Post by scuzy »

i figure out how to work around this. The amcrest app on ios doesn't work. Use iDMSS app on ios and it works fine. I also use DMSS for mac and it works fine as well. Pretty bad app there amcrest even though the app seems like a rebadage idmss from dahua. There should be a DMSS app from dahua for android as well.
lmm

Post by lmm »

i recommend always downloading the firmware manually and not doing auto update.

this way you can revert back to a working version.

and once i have cameras working like i want i wont do an upgrade. amcrest upgrades are not reliable.