New Firmware for AD110 and AD410 Available

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New Firmware for AD110 and AD410 Available

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Looking at the connection type between your phone and the camera it self is not part of the true network and yes that connection is WPA-PSK that is only for the Hotspot however.

Currently my last reset and connection was to my 5g and it is as expected with AES

"WLan" : {
"eth2" : {
"Authentication" : "WPA\/WPA2",
"ConnectEnable" : true,
"DataEncryption" : "AES",
"EAP" : {
"AnonymousID" : "admin2",
"AuthType" : "NONE",
"CaCert" : "abc",
"Identity" : "admin",
"Method" : "TLS",
"Password" : "admin",
"UserCert" : "def"
},
"Enable" : true,
"Encryption" : "WPA2-PSK-AES",
"KeyFlag" : false,
"KeyID" : 0,
"KeyType" : "Hex",
"Keys" : [ "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX", "", "", "" ],
"LinkEnable" : true,
"LinkMode" : "Auto",
"Network" : {
"DefaultGateway" : "10.0.0.1",
"DhcpEnable" : true,
"DnsServers" : [ "10.0.0.1", "0.0.0.0" ],
"IPAddress" : "10.0.0.235",
"SubnetMask" : "255.255.255.0"
},
"SSID" : "NETGEAR71-5G"
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
kantlivelong

Post by kantlivelong »

Hmm interesting. I did end up reproducing the connection issue a few times while trying to figure out the eventManager issue. Perhaps when I set the config it forced the device to reconnect - I'm not sure. I was able to revert to V1.000.0000000.7.R.20210220 and set up without a problem.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@kantlivelong - Thanks for being the first to report on any issues with the new AD410 firmware.

I am very concerned that you received a '403 forbidden' error using the command to subscribe to events. This I believe is the exact same error that occurred with the new AD110 firmware that was confirmed by Eli as an unintentional mistake. This of course broke Home Assistant (and others) ability to receive motion/doorbell press events. Fortunately, the latest AD110 firmware fixed it.

So now, here we go again with the AD410??? I seriously doubt the wifi configuration tweak you made had anything to do with it. Before you reverted the firmware, did you test any other API/CGI commands or 3rd party software like HA? I assume you use some other software to process events given that you are familiar with the eventManager.
kantlivelong

Post by kantlivelong »

GaryOkie wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:10 pm @kantlivelong - Thanks for being the first to report on any issues with the new AD410 firmware.

I am very concerned that you received a '403 forbidden' error using the command to subscribe to events. This I believe is the exact same error that occurred with the new AD110 firmware that was confirmed by Eli as an unintentional mistake. This of course broke Home Assistant (and others) ability to receive motion/doorbell press events. Fortunately, the latest AD110 firmware fixed it.

So now, here we go again with the AD410??? I seriously doubt the wifi configuration tweak you made had anything to do with it. Before you reverted the firmware, did you test any other API/CGI commands or 3rd party software like HA? I assume you use some other software to process events given that you are familiar with the eventManager.
I have the AD410 setup locally with internet access blocked during normal operation.To make it work locally I use amcrest2mqtt subscribe and push events from eventManager to a MQTT server. From there Node-RED will listen and act upon the events pushed via MQTT.

The RTSP camera feed was showing up normally with Home Assistant via "Generic Camera" with the RTSP URL. I was also able to make a request to

Code: Select all

/cgi-bin/eventManager.cgi?action=getCaps
without an access issue. From what I could see it was just "attach" that broke.

I'm not familiar with the access control APIs so I tried using Surveillance Pro but nothing really stood out as far as users/roles.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Thanks for the added info @kantlivelong . I'm familiar with amcrest2mqtt as it uses the same eventManager attach "All" API call as HA Amcrest/Dahua integrations. The key message here is that you confirmed "it was just events that broke". This is the identical situation with the earlier AD110 update - SmartHome app and RTSP working fine, events not.

@eliamcrest Eli - Please check with your developers if they find that they will need to apply the same fix to the AD410 firmware as they did to the AD110. It sure looks that way. If confirmed, I think they should pull this firmware from the download site until corrected.
Nikotine

Post by Nikotine »

kantlivelong wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:37 am
  • 2. I was able to connect to the setup hotspot from my desktop and pull the config and while looking I noticed that the device was set to use WPA2-TKIP which is disabled by default on many newer wifi access points/routers. In my case I needed to set it to WPA2-PSK-AES which I did by running:

Code: Select all

curl --digest --user admin:PASSWORD -X GET 'http://192.168.3.10/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&WLan.eth2.Encryption=WPA2-PSK-AES'
How did you figure that out?
What else can you setup this way?
I've been poking around with ONVIF device manager software, but the settings are very limited.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

See https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... TP-API-SDK for the Amcrest HTTP API documentation. While this guide doesn't cover some specific SmartHome device features it does cover the vast majority of its capabilities that can be examined and configured.

In kantlive's example, the curl command isn't necessarily needed unless invoked through a script. You can enter the http url directly in a browser without using curl. You will be prompted for the camera/doorbell credentials if not included in the URL.

So to "pull the config" to see what all the current configurations are, simply enter this into your browser (and then authenticate):

http://<camera_ip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=All

It's a better question to ask specifically what you may want to change rather than ask what else can be changed.
Last edited by GaryOkie on Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
kantlivelong

Post by kantlivelong »

This is a bit off-topic so mods feel free to move/remove.

Here are my setup notes for offline AD410: https://gist.github.com/kantlivelong/c8 ... 09da185166

I personally use Home Assistant, Node-RED, and amcrest2mqtt to work with the device locally.
Nikotine

Post by Nikotine »

kantlivelong wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:26 pm This is a bit off-topic so mods feel free to move/remove.

Here are my setup notes for offline AD410: https://gist.github.com/kantlivelong/c8 ... 09da185166

I personally use Home Assistant, Node-RED, and amcrest2mqtt to work with the device locally.
Thanks!
Don't you miss to be able to answer on your phone when someone rings the bell? (not like that worked for me after two times anyway...)
kantlivelong

Post by kantlivelong »

@Nikotine I never really used that feature. Just seeing who it is and recording it is good enough for me.

It is possible to do 2-way audio locally but not currently supported with the stack I use quite yet. It's also possible to send audio files via the API so you could make some pre-recorded messages. I may end up adding a "go away" message for solicitors.