New Firmware for AD110 and AD410 Available

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
GaryOkie

Re: New Firmware for AD110 and AD410 Available

Post by GaryOkie »

@Revo2Maxx - Did you update your AD410 to the new 20221201 firmware? If so, would you please see if you can duplicate the "403-Forbidden" error that kantlivelong reported when attempting to subscribe to events via the API?

You can use the curl command built-in to Windows 10/11 to run this simple test. Open a command prompt and enter:

Code: Select all

curl --digest --user admin:<password> -X GET "http://<ip_address>/cgi-bin/eventManager.cgi?action=attach&codes=\[All\]" -I
(Be sure to use double quotes, not single, around the URL)

If the command was successfully accepted by the AD410, it should display these results:

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized <- this is expected and OK
WWW-Authenticate: Digest realm="Login to Z17xxxxxx <authentication string removed>"
Connection: close
Set-Cookie:secure; HttpOnly
CONTENT-LENGTH: 0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK <- this confirms command was accepted
X-XSS-Protection: 1;mode=block
<... more stuff follows - snipped >

Thanks!

Edited by Revo2Maxx
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So yes on that I do get a 401 and then followed by a 403
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Thanks Revo - you have just corroborated a serious issue with the new AD410 firmware. It should definitely not return a 403 forbidden, as that breaks event handling in Home Assistant and many other 3rd party hubs. I wonder what happened to Eli in this forum? Several questions around the AD410 have gone unanswered, including the even more serious lack of product for RMA's probably related to the nightvision glare issue.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok Done that, Removed asking the Edit and removed the 2 other post that wasn't needed after Edit
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
kantlivelong

Post by kantlivelong »

@GaryOkie, I have a ticket open that Eli is tracking for this. His last update is that devs would be back in next week to look into the eventManager issue.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Thanks @kantlivelong for that update!

Hmm, "devs would be back next week"... that sure sounds like Amcrest's developers are in China, off for their Lunar New Year.

So the situation with Dahua and their equivalent DH-DB6I doorbell is that they released their latest firmware to intentionally disable the API and force a cloud-centric alternative. Now we have witnessed that both the AD110 and AD410 firmware have somehow unintentionally had the local web server block access to the event API. This is possibly due to not fully unraveling the restrictions in the new Dahua firmware before release, as well as not fully testing it.

Hey Eli - @eliamcrest - please see if you can get the AD410 firmware download page to have a notice about this critical event bug. We certainly don't want Home Assistant/Hubitat/BI/et.al. users installing it.

Speaking of which, how come Amcrest's pool of beta testers for this firmware don't include any of these users? I would volunteer if I had a spare AD410, especially given that RMA dept can't issue replacements.
Nikotine

Post by Nikotine »

GaryOkie wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:15 pm Hmm, "devs would be back next week"... that sure sounds like Amcrest's developers are in China, off for their Lunar New Year.
Was there ever any doubt about that?
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Amcrest is a Houston-based US-owned company so I thought it possible that their firmware developer's were based in the US as well. Actually, I hoped that was the case to somewhat insulate the Dahua firmware Amcrest licenses. Still don't know if these are Amcrest employees based in China or Dahua developers under contract.
diyorbust

Post by diyorbust »

So my AD110 is completely local and I never use the Amcrest Home app - aside from the only time to configure it about 2 years ago. Is there any method to update the firmware without the App or a Home app account?
diyorbust

Post by diyorbust »

diyorbust wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:48 pm So my AD110 is completely local and I never use the Amcrest Home app - aside from the only time to configure it about 2 years ago. Is there any method to update the firmware without the App or a Home app account?
EDIT: I came across the Amcrest IP Config tool and was able to log in to the device with. Looks like this tool has the option to update the firmware. The software appears rather old (version 3.20.10 dated 2016). I was wondering if I can use this tool to upgrade the firmware? Obviously the general risks for any firmware upgrade applies but just wondering if others have successfully updated the firmware using this tool. My AD110 is currently on firmware 1.000.00AC006.0.R.