New Firmware for AD110 and AD410 Available

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
warning

Re: New Firmware for AD110 and AD410 Available

Post by warning »

Dear support,
When will be available the old firmware for AD410? Or the new one with the fix implemented?
It's ridiculous software quality and support level for a very expensive product.
eliamcrest

Post by eliamcrest »

Hello everyone,

Very sorry for the lack of replies on the forums lately.

I will making sure that an upload of the old version of the AD410's firmware will be available soon on our website, and I have forwarded the issues with the new AD410's firmware to our developers, this thread's contents included.
warning

Post by warning »

Dear support team,
When will be the new firmware released?
Thank you!
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

It has been 2+ weeks since Eli/Amcrest has been on this forum, so unfortunately you stand a better chance of getting a response from a support ticket. Please share any response you may get.

I did see though that the Amcrest firmware download page now has the backlevel AD410 firmware available along with the new version that breaks event handling. Still no release notes that mention this very significant bug. (In fact, no changelog for ANY SmartHome firmware). No acknowledgement or followup that this bug is being addressed either that I've seen (other than sharing this thread with the devs) :cry:

https://amcrest.com/firmware-ash
warning

Post by warning »

It’s not a customer friendly atttidute…
Any update, please?
fennec62

Post by fennec62 »

New update Online

Change log:

Firmware Amcrest_DB-LEXUS_Eng_N_16M_V1.000.00AC009.0.R.20221213.bin
02-21-2023

The update incorporates the following enhancements:

- Fixed issues involving the API.
- Added more functionality to continous recording.

Note:

1. A hard reset or "Restore to default settings" is required to delete the old system file and enable the new features.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I just saw this info posted in GitHub and came here to see if Eli/Amcrest provided an update. Nope - but thanks fennec62 for posting this very important update on Amcrest's behalf. ;)

And whoa!!! There were change log notes added, not just for this AD410 update, but all the SmartHome devices!

But I am confused about the Firmware note:
A hard reset or "Restore to default settings" is required to delete the old system file and enable the new features."
Required? I manually updated the AD110 firmware via configtool without doing this and it fixed the event handling issue just fine. The change logs for all the others have this exact same note. So this step sure doesn't seem to be required but maybe a best practice? I've made a lot of config tweaks that I would prefer not to have to repeat.

This note doesn't stipulate if the reset needs to be done before or after the update (or both). I assume after, but we shouldn't be needing to assume anything for firmware update processes.

The SmartHome app still says that the original (2 years old!) 20210220 version is "up to date". Sigh. I'll be leaving my AD410 on the original firmware for now, since I don't need continuous SD recordings. Hope anyone that installs this follows up here. Thanks.
junkemailfilter

Post by junkemailfilter »

WARNING: AD410 camera is now offline after installing the firmware update Lexus_SDB61i-Lexus2_Eng_N_32M_nonCA_V1.000.00AC001.0.R.20230221.bin

Doorbell button stopped working a few months back, and now the camera is completely offline after 1.5 years in service 2 days post update. Looking for a non-Amcrest replacement doorbell now with RTSP
warning

Post by warning »

Sounds annoying... :(
warning

Post by warning »

Dear team,

To be honest, unless I'm paid for it, I do not want to do the beta testing.

1., A hard reset or "Restore to default settings" is required to delete the old system file and enable the new features.
As there is no such menu item, you must do the hard reset, which is not that convenient to remove the device... :oops:
To be very precise, there are many "Default" buttons, but per page, so you cannot be sure, it will do a full reset as it was required.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ell-AD410-
2., API calls related issue
It seems, it works well now using Home Assistant.
3., Network issues
It is still there. So, if any of you still have device using the 192.168.1.108 IP address as Home Assistant IP, you should update (with an unused) using the following command.
curl --digest --user admin:password -X GET 'http://192.168.1.105/cgi-bin/configMana ... .168.1.109'
4., Release notes quality
I think this is still as poor as the updates' quality... :oops:

As all of these issues were mentioned earlier, I do not understand why is it so hard to fix.

Regards,

Peter