AD410 Crashes When Doorbell Is Pressed

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 Crashes When Doorbell Is Pressed

Post by Revo2Maxx »

One of the things with any hardware when it comes to Support. First thing any of the ones I have every delt with has asked is there any 3rd party devices or software being used with xyz.. Some you say yes too they abort all support lol. Others will just say it is xyz fault and tell you to go there and mainly has to do with things can happen that they are not aware of because they don't use software or hardware and no need to jump down the rabbit hole.

When it comes to the doorbells I have noticed that use software that it was made to work with makes life happiest for me.. I have some other doorbells that don't have RTSP or Onvif that are just kind of worthless. I think maybe they made it that way so they didn't have to have issues from people trying to work with 3rd party products with theirs..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
vixhex

Post by vixhex »

Yep, very true about support between companies and third parties. It's just unfortunate that the while the 410 has better motion sensing capabilities with human detection, it's step backward in compatibility compared to the 110 when it comes to this aspect, and the additional features barely justify the additional cost.

I'll raise the issue with Synology and see if they can rewrite the AD410 driver for better compatibility. For now, I'll just have SVS grab the RTSP stream manually with no further integration.

What gets me is that the camera doesn't have to be so sensitive to third party integration, or even settings changes from Amcrest View Pro application. As mentioned, the ADC2W and ASH26-W cameras I have are not susceptible to problems from the same integrations/apps, their PIR motion sensors work reliably, they communicate with multiple third party systems (SVS, BI, etc).

I agree that the first party apps are often the most reliable, but they also leave a lot to be desired. Amcrest Smart Home application has many quirks and limitations that have been brought to support to no resolution, and many use third party systems to augment/enhance the product capabilities while still using the first party software in a pinch or for others in the household/business who don't need a full NVR experience. That said, the product line hits the sweet spot of price and features for me for now. There may be others out there that are more reliable and get a bunch of bug fixes and feature enhancements over time, but this being a hobby for me doesn't justify searching much further. Either way even with the quirks, issues, and limitations I like it better than the cloud-based alternatives out there.
tphilippi

Post by tphilippi »

I have had the same problem and was able to fix this.

I fixed this by logging into the ad410 via the desktop (with the amcrest surveillance application, not sure on the name). There I changed the audio encoding.

It seems that somehow the ad410 was set to using a 711 encoding. Changing the audio encoding to AAC fixed the issue for me. I did not change it to 711, so most likely it is defaulting to that encoding, which causes the crash to occur as it was not supported by Android or iPhone.

Hope this helps everyone and hopefully this gets fixed in a future update.
bobthebuilder

Post by bobthebuilder »

I reset to factory defaults today. Before selecting the chime options, I press the bell and nothing crashed. Once the mechanical chime is selected it crashes. It still rings the bell for a short period of time. My only thought is the chime kit is defective or lets too little power through for the doorbell wire run I have (I'm not sure exactly how it works).

I'm going to contact Amcrest to see if they want to send out another chime kit or completely new doorbell...
Satmedia

Post by Satmedia »

Dear tphilippi,

thank you for register to post the solution for this issue!!!!!!
Had the same problem, and it is fixed now with AAC audio encoding!

Best regards from Austria
Roland
tphilippi wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:39 pm I have had the same problem and was able to fix this.

I fixed this by logging into the ad410 via the desktop (with the amcrest surveillance application, not sure on the name). There I changed the audio encoding.

It seems that somehow the ad410 was set to using a 711 encoding. Changing the audio encoding to AAC fixed the issue for me. I did not change it to 711, so most likely it is defaulting to that encoding, which causes the crash to occur as it was not supported by Android or iPhone.

vixhex

Post by vixhex »

tphilippi wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:39 pm I have had the same problem and was able to fix this.

+1 on this fix . . . I set the SVS software to use AAC instead of 711 (which it defaults to) and now no more crash when the doorbell is pressed. Nice work tphilippi!

PS - this also resolved a long standing issue I had where all of my Amcrest cameras stop recording audio to their onboard SD cards after being set up in Synology SVS. Factory reset would make them work again, but as soon as disabled/re-enabled in SVS, the 711 audio setting presumably gets pushed out and broke audio recording to SD card when motion is detected. Presumably this is the case for any third party software like Blue Iris, etc.
kquinnell

Post by kquinnell »

bobthebuilder wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:30 pm I reset to factory defaults today. Before selecting the chime options, I press the bell and nothing crashed. Once the mechanical chime is selected it crashes. It still rings the bell for a short period of time. My only thought is the chime kit is defective or lets too little power through for the doorbell wire run I have (I'm not sure exactly how it works).

I'm going to contact Amcrest to see if they want to send out another chime kit or completely new doorbell...
bobthebuilder were you able to figure out what was wrong? I did a factory reset a few days ago and am having the same exact problem. It's been working for almost a year but I wanted to clean up my settings with a factory reset and now my digital chime plays for a second or two (even though 10 seconds is selected in app) and the doorbell seems to reboot. The voltage at the transformer never drops below 16.5V when this happens. When I physically connect the doorbell wires the chime plays fine it's only when connected to the AD410 that it fails. Bad AD410? Bad chime kit? Thanks.
bobthebuilder

Post by bobthebuilder »

kquinnell wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:37 pm
bobthebuilder wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:30 pm I reset to factory defaults today. Before selecting the chime options, I press the bell and nothing crashed. Once the mechanical chime is selected it crashes. It still rings the bell for a short period of time. My only thought is the chime kit is defective or lets too little power through for the doorbell wire run I have (I'm not sure exactly how it works).

bobthebuilder were you able to figure out what was wrong? I did a factory reset a few days ago and am having the same exact problem. It's been working for almost a year but I wanted to clean up my settings with a factory reset and now my digital chime plays for a second or two (even though 10 seconds is selected in app) and the doorbell seems to reboot. The voltage at the transformer never drops below 16.5V when this happens. When I physically connect the doorbell wires the chime plays fine it's only when connected to the AD410 that it fails. Bad AD410? Bad chime kit? Thanks.
No, I never did figure it out. I think I received a defective unit, or maybe there is something wrong with the wire run? Not sure, the old door bell worked fine. I tried the recent suggestions but no luck. I use Home Assistant (ESP Home) to manually ring the doorbell when the Amcrest API detects the doorbell press. It's insanity but it's been working.

Any luck with yours?
DaveK

Post by DaveK »

I had a similar issue recently. This is how I resolved it:

amcrest-smart-home-f32/ad410-chime-kit- ... tml#p43969
bobthebuilder

Post by bobthebuilder »

DaveK wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:30 am I had a similar issue recently. This is how I resolved it:

amcrest-smart-home-f32/ad410-chime-kit- ... tml#p43969
Thank you. I also found my battery was swollen and reading 0v. I didn't have the tools to swap the circuit board to a new battery, it looked like it was spot welded and solder wouldn't cut it for the new battery. I couldn't find anything like the battery it had in it, so ended up purchasing this (which didn't work). The battery kinda fit with some finessing but it was very tight. So I hooked it up, tested it via USB power, then moved it back to the door. It worked for 10 minutes then stopped. USB power still worked, so I took it apart and found the 3a fuse for AC power had blown. Not sure what caused it

Against my better judgement I purchased a new AD410... which now works works when when the doorbell is pressed :?

I purchased replacement SMD 3a fuses and replaced the existing one. I took the battery completely out of the old device and now use it in the back of my house, mostly as a camera.

AMCREST - it would be awesome if you could source these batteries and sell them as replacement parts (with noting it voids warranty) on your website. Replacing the battery is a relatively simple task, if a battery is supplied.