Dead doorbells, no support

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
GaryOkie

Re: Dead doorbells, no support

Post by GaryOkie »

I have some new information that's relevant to dead AD410 doorbells and indirectly to their support.

I just saw a post on Reddit where a malfunctioning AD410 was replaced by Amcrest under RMA. Support working well there.

However, the replacement AD410 had the unacceptable nightvision IR flare glare so he submitted an RMA to have it replaced. The RMA was denied! Reason provided:
"Please note that we are unable to issue any replacements for this device."
Wow, just wow! The situation with this defect is even more dire now that you can't get a replacement under RMA.

At least Amcrest Support/RMA dept offered to provide him a full refund.

No further information in this reply about when/if this defect will be fixed and updated doorbells will be available from Amcrest/RMA dept. Interesting though, that both Amcrest and Amazon still list it for sale.

@eliamcrest Eli - do you have any updated information on what exactly is the situation and prognosis with this NightVision defect?
eliamcrest

Post by eliamcrest »

GaryOkie wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:16 pm I have some new information that's relevant to dead AD410 doorbells and indirectly to their support.

I just saw a post on Reddit where a malfunctioning AD410 was replaced by Amcrest under RMA. Support working well there.

However, the replacement AD410 had the unacceptable nightvision IR flare glare so he submitted an RMA to have it replaced. The RMA was denied! Reason provided:
"Please note that we are unable to issue any replacements for this device."
Wow, just wow! The situation with this defect is even more dire now that you can't get a replacement under RMA.

At least Amcrest Support/RMA dept offered to provide him a full refund.

No further information in this reply about when/if this defect will be fixed and updated doorbells will be available from Amcrest/RMA dept. Interesting though, that both Amcrest and Amazon still list it for sale.

@eliamcrest Eli - do you have any updated information on what exactly is the situation and prognosis with this NightVision defect?
Hello Gary,

I don't have any updated information regarding the defects at the moment, I will need to inquire with members of the company closer to manufacturing for that. I'll go ahead and shoot them an email today, and should hopefully have a reply by Monday, since we're about to close for the weekend.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Hi @eliamcrest - Did you never hear back to understand what the situation is with the AD410 NightVision defect?

I've seen several additional posts elsewhere that have stated Amcrest is unable to provide any AD410 RMA replacements and only a refund could be issued. So these folks are forced to give up on Amcrest and look for something else. Seriously, why are AD410's still being sold when you know it can't even be replaced under warranty?

I sure hope you are allowed to provide a clear statement from Amcrest on what is now being done to fix this serious flaw and when updated product will be available.

Thanks.
eliamcrest

Post by eliamcrest »

GaryOkie wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:03 am Hi @eliamcrest - Did you never hear back to understand what the situation is with the AD410 NightVision defect?

I've seen several additional posts elsewhere that have stated Amcrest is unable to provide any AD410 RMA replacements and only a refund could be issued. So these folks are forced to give up on Amcrest and look for something else. Seriously, why are AD410's still being sold when you know it can't even be replaced under warranty?

I sure hope you are allowed to provide a clear statement from Amcrest on what is now being done to fix this serious flaw and when updated product will be available.

Thanks.
Hello Gary,

Apologies for the belated reply, I am still waiting on some updates regarding the situation before I'm able to share any information.

I will however be sharing your feedback with the proper channels, so that they know that an update would be appreciated.

I understand this vagueness is of little comfort right now, but I'll be sharing what I can as soon as I'm able to.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Hi Eli - thanks for staying on top of this. We're counting on your persistence too!
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Hey all that have this serious AD410 IR image glare issue - I have an update.

While we were hoping for @eliamcrest to have responded by now, I have learned that there is good news for those who need to return their defective AD410 via RMA. Here is an Amcrest email that was sent out to someone who had tried earlier to RMA their AD410 but was refused...
Hello,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

We have informed our manufacturer of this issue and have taken necessary preventative measures.
We recently received a new shipment of doorbells that are clear of this issue.
Please let me know if you prefer to proceed with a replacement instead of a refund.

We were unsure of the shipment ETA, which is the reason we offered a refund instead.
We do have the units in stock now and will be happy to provide a replacement if preferred.

Let us know how you wish to proceed.

Thank you for being a valued customer!
It's not known if Amazon has refreshed stock, so returning the AD410 to them is not a good bet (yet). Best to contact Amcrest and use their RMA process to get a good one.