DC Connection to AD410

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
WildWilly

Re: DC Connection to AD410

Post by WildWilly »

The doorbell pushbutton switch is connected to "Chime Module MC3" inside the intercom box via a green wire and a yellow wire.
20220926_133215.jpg
20220926_133215.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 1141 times
The green wire connects to a Chime Module terminal labeled "Common" which is within 2 mV of intercom ground. The switch closes when pushed, bringing the voltage on the yellow wire's terminal down to ground potential (from 22.5 V) and the intercom chime module plays a doorbell sound over the intercom.

So your diagram seems that it should work fine as long as the AD410 expects its chime module to be in series with its power line and the AD410 chime module momentarily energizes the added relay in response to the AD410 button being pressed.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

What I would do for testing is take the Door module out, Shold be 4 wires in use as the Drain normally isn't used. Red black for speakers and while I remember was a Yellow and Orange in your case it might be the Yellow and Green. That should be at your door location, Then remove the 2 wires from switch and test that when you press the switch it as close to 0Ohm as it can be. That means that pressing the button is like taking a Knife Switch from Open to closed to complete the path. My guess is there is little or no Voltage at the switch as I don't remember if they were lit switch or just push buttons as I have dealt with to many different systems in my life..

However if there was any voltage at the switch again my guess is that it is going to be very low current and only enough to power a light in the button. However once pressing the button it goes to a short aka complete a circuit path..

I don't know if your system still has the paper work. If so I would look at the paper work and see if there is any Schematics for the device as it can clear up alot of what is going on.

From the stand point of my Diagram. That is used like a Switch only with no power just a pass though. If there was voltage needed from the 24vDC then you would want to make sure to get a relay and wire the DC to the connecting Pin for the circuit. My guess is that it is like a Knife Switch when pushed it is just from open to closed ..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
WildWilly

Post by WildWilly »

Yes, the door module has four wires. Red and black go to the speaker, green and white go to the button. The red and black connect to the intercom main board, the green and yellow connect to the chime module.

I shorted the yellow wire to the green wire right there at the chime module using a clip lead and it produced the intercom's chime sound. I'm pretty certain that the pushbutton switch is a lit (although the light is long since burned out) momentary short circuit switch, but will test the resistance tomorrow. I tried that earlier today but couldn't get a good reading due to oxidation on the switch screw terminals. I'll measure the resistance at the chime module terminals to get the wire resistance too. And will back the wire resistance out by connecting the green and yellow wires at the door module.
WildWilly

Post by WildWilly »

The doorbell switch resistance goes to just over one ohm when pressed. The wires between it and the intercom chime module add about 3.5 ohms.

Do you now the voltage that develops across the Amcrest Chime Kit when the AD410 activates it? Also, the voltage across it when not active (presumably near zero)? That information will drive relay selection?

Do you have experience locating the Amcrest Chime Kit in an attic? It can get hot/cold there (typically 0 deg C to 50 deg C, but it ocassionally get a little colder), but the wires transit the attic, there's lots of room and 120 VAC is readily avaiable.

I see that Amcrest offers a wifi door chime (AD1-CHIME). Its product page says it works with the AD110, but doesn't mention AD410. Do you know if they are compatible? The corresponding Dahua module is listed as compatible with their 5 MP video doorbell (DH-DB6I).
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

First and easy to answer is that the Wireless chime does work with both AD110 and 410. When it was released, there was only the Ad110 out at that time so guess there was never an update that it works with 410 as well..

About the Chime Kit, Don't know about it in a Attic Space, Where I have mine installed is at the Chime that is located in the Conditioned area of the building. My guess is that the DOC will state what Temp and Max Humidity would also be for the Chime Kit as well.. Personally I wouldn't locate anything that gets warm on normal use in an area that is normally hot. I did once locate a Recorder in attic space and it didn't last long as there was no way to really keep the unit cool even with CPU and case fan on the device.. Now all devices besides a couple are in Conditioned areas. I do have a couple in areas that get so hot I have no AC there and I have the area on a Humidity and temp controller to try and keep the Temps down.

The Voltage at the Chime Kits? Personally I don't understand them as much as I wish I did. What I will say is Standing Voltage at the Chime Kit when connected to a 16vac 45Vac Power Supply is 1.49vac and when the Doorbell button is pressed that voltage drops to 0.659vac.

So I am clear, Connection of the Doorbell camera is as expected. Wire 1 going from Transformer to T on Indoor Chime, 1 wire from Transformer going to Peg1 of Doorbell camera, Then wire from Peg 2 going to F on Doorbell Chime. Then Chime Kit is connected at the Doorbell Chime at T and F.
Be Safe
WildWilly

Post by WildWilly »

I did not see a spec sheet for the Amcrest Chime Kit, hence all the questions about it.

I'm not sure how, given your chime voltages, putting the chime kit across a relay coil would work to replace the intercom pushbutton. I'll get a doorbell kit with transformer and chime to try experimenting some. And if all else fails I can mount the new chime and forego the intercom chime.

Thanks for all the help working through this.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So oddly enough I thought the numbers were not right and went and tested them again. Range between .650vac on stand by and 19.99vac when button is pressed..

My setup in testing is as stated before however I also didn't mention that I also have a second camera on the B and T. When I tested the system while pressing the Front Camera testing the Front Chime Kit the numbers on the chime kit change. However if I test the Chime Kit for Back door when pressing the Front button there is no change in Voltage either up or down. Same holds true when pressing the button in other way Back testing front numbers stay the same back testing back the voltage was 19.69 not sure why there was change from Front and back seeing I tested them a few times to check numbers the Front stayed constant between 19.99 and 19.98 where the Back when pressed was 19.69 it might have something to do with how long Front chime is over the back?

Anyway sorry the first numbers were wrong. IT didn't make since to me seeing I know the system works at the Indoor Doorbell Chime, I thought it was odd that the numbers were so low.
Be Safe
WildWilly

Post by WildWilly »

Thanks for updating. Your new numbers make sense. It helps me understand how the system really works. I can probably find a suitable relay to use standalone for driving the intercom's doorbell pushbutton switch, or add a resistor in series to the relay coil, if needed, to get the coil voltage right.