AD110- Can you disable the mechanical chime?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110- Can you disable the mechanical chime?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

TO BE CLEAR....

Once the Doorbell has been added to the app with a CHIME it can't be removed only different options changed or time if it is digital and or change to Mech type.. Now I do know there is a new app out that has some issues and if you happen to be using a new app then that might have changed However on my App that I am still using that option isn't there... ADDING or changing chime type and or adding a ad1 nothing to remove one that was added so Reset of camera if one was already added before is needed....

Grrr.. I might be wrong I mean I reset a different one yesterday 3 times and I don't remember that page coming up... So Humm it might be that there is no add already and you can install the app without even being prompted to install the chime I know they were talking about making that a part of the install (removing the add from main install) and make the user add it after the fact because of so many people that were installing the camera on desk and killing it. So if the option is already gone then yes Remove from app, reset doorbell, add doorbell back (However if a page does come up to add a chime SKip) if it don't then it was removed and after the install if you was to press the doorbell button even with doorbell connected it won't ring it
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
pirateriemann

Post by pirateriemann »

Thanks for all the info.

I'm still slightly confused. Can I just leave it hooked up like it is now; which is through a mechanical chime with chime kit and just reset everything and add it back as having no chime?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sure But you had asked if you could remove the Chime Kit

Yes if that is how you want it connected then yes. Be it noted that if there is another button connected that might damage the Chime Kit Personally I don't know never tried it..

However if you wanted to just Reset and make sure that there was no Chime added then yes it should work fine.. What happens when you don't add the Chime is the connection on the back no longer will be used like a Switch it will be just a power input only..
Be Safe
pirateriemann

Post by pirateriemann »

Thanks for all the help.

I was able to get my AD410 reset and added back with no chime. I'm using the newest version of the app and there was no option to skip. It sets it up without and you have to add it after. Everything seems to be working fine. Hit the button and no mechanical chime. Now if only there was a way to mute the doorbell itself without turning off the speaker completely. Maybe in the future it will be added.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK perfect. Thanks for the update. I am glad that they were able to get that part setup for the people that would setup on desk before installing it on the house as intended. Seeing that so many people were blowing up the camera in the point where it would only work on USB. Personally I wish I could get one sent to me that is out of Warranty so I could find just how it blows up.. I have my thoughts on the matter..

At some point I will get one that is in said non working order..
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:27 am In the back of the unit is a Micro USB port. Just connect a Micro USB into that port and have it connected to a 2+ amp 5 v power supply there is no extra wiring needed and installing that way there is no need for the Chime Kit.. Just make sure when you install the Camera on the Smart Home app that you skip the install of a Chime when it comes up...
@Revo2Maxx - Have you found any reference in AD410 documentation that powering the doorbell via its USB 5VDC port is approved by Amcrest or did you establish this just from bench testing?

I think it's great this 5VDC USB option exists but I am quite concerned that powering the doorbell this way is not a longer term stable power source. It was brought to my attention in a different forum that when accessing the video stream, his AD410 would frequently reboot. When he switched it from 5VDC USB power to to 24VAC, this problem stopped.

Looking into it further, I found the following information from the Dahua Dh-DB6I doorbell technical specs, which is essentially identical hardware to the AD410. It says in a fine print footnote (emphasis mine): "Do NOT supply power to the DH-DB6I via the USB port. Use only the Power Input Ports, as detailed in the Quick Installation Guide, to supply power to the device. "

Here's the full Dahua DH-DB6I spec sheet which is more detailed than what Amcrest provides. https://us.dahuasecurity.com/wp-content ... 01_003.pdf

WTF is the USB port for if not an optional/approved power input? More importantly, should it no longer be recommended as an alternative until Amcrest can clarify?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It is for use issue is non stable power supply is only issue I could think of. I used a 2.5amp power supply and never had anissue.. the Ad110 also has port and again needs a high power 5v supply. I have tried 1, 1.5, 2 and 2.5 the best was 2.5amp and 2 would work ok but took longer to start 1.5amp would start the camera after 5 plus min was not stable . So I would use shortest cable and best 2+ amp power supply owned. USB port on Ad410 is listed on device its hidden on ad110 and not even talked about by support
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't know about Dh6, it may not same design as AD410, so if they found later usb damage device then yes put in don't use save on returns. I personally don't know.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I have little comprehension of what you are saying in your last post. I can address the "not same design" bit...

I think it's well known that Dahua is the OEM for Amcrest's products, most of which are identical except for firmware and cosmetic changes. The Dahua DH-DB6I doorbell externally is nearly identical to the AD410 except for the button shape and branding. Internally - they are the same hardware. There are firmware changes for SmartHome servers vs DMSS. LOL - I found the AD410 configuration even lists "DeviceInfo : DB6I"!

So it would make sense that the OEM engineers that state 5VDC power must not be used would apply to both doorbells. However, I will try to get an official answer from Amcrest.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok well it might be same sorry personally don't know what Dahua counter part is match to Amcrest

I also know that amcrest is Dahua oem provider. I also know that amcrest can have things added or removed by design. My guess and only a guess if they wanted it not to be used they wouldn't have made an access flap for it and hid it like they did with the AD110.
Be Safe