AD110- Can you disable the mechanical chime?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
GaryOkie

Re: AD110- Can you disable the mechanical chime?

Post by GaryOkie »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:59 am if they wanted it not to be used they wouldn't have made an access flap for it
The logical inverse is, if they wanted it to be used they would have documented the USB ports exact purpose.

Dahua didn't document the purpose of the USB port either, they just said don't use it for power, which is very troubling to me.

I did get a reply from Amcrest Support today asking about it. He said and I quote:
"I've just tested this out on my end, and the doorbell works fine. To answer your question, yes this would be an approved power source."

Well, there you go... a quick 5 minute test by support confirms 5VDC powers it up and now it is an officially approved power source. LMFAO. :roll:
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting Thanks for the Info..

I don't know the AD410 is really puzzling to me in many ways. First said to be 2k, 4mp and yet my NVR says it is a 5mp.. There are many other things as well but no need to go into detail, like all things 1 day they will all be solved..

And as been stated I am not very Logical. Again thanks for pointing that out :lol:
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I didn't do a Tear down of the AD410 but I will give my :idea: about why Dahua has said don't use the Port. The port is in Direct line with the camera and if someone was trying to use a (Not a Good Quality Power Supply) then the Camera would be a total loss. I am going to guess that there might be little or no Protection to the USB power port.

Where I know all to well from the post on the forum since the Ad410 was released that people have blown up the High Power board in their AD410 and only way to access is over the USB..

So that is only my Not Very Logical ideas of why Dahua says don't use the USB. Replacement of a Power Board for the Camera and then to be sold as Referb or even new later is much easier then KILLING the camera all together...
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I found that there is a config setting supposedly for enabling/disabling the external chime...

<ip_adr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&ExternalDoorBell.Enable=true (or false)

But setting it to false did NOT disable my mechanical chime! That's really strange a setting exists for this purpose that doesn't work. I guess this is why the original option to choose no chime was removed from the app.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

on further thought - it does make sense why this setting doesn't work to turn off the external chime. The existing chime circuit simply isn't capable of being controlled by software.

Now, for the AD110, there is an optional 2.4Ghx WiFi remote AD1-CHIME. I've no experience with it or how it can be controlled. The specs say nothing about it being compatible with the AD410.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The issue that caused the option to be removed from setup was the AD410 was dying from people setting up the doorbell on the desk and setting it up and not having a Doorbell connected. Doing so will kill the doorbells High Power input. So rather then more people killing the device it was best to remove the add feature and make people add a doorbell (Chime) after the fact. This way people no longer risk killing the doorbell from Bench testing it.
Be Safe
azsoccerpop

Post by azsoccerpop »

So somehow this thread went from an AD110 to the AD410 so I am going to reask the original question because I have the same question. Is there a way to Temporarily silence the Digital/Mechanical Chime on the AD110 using the app or a REST setting when someone is sleeping and then turn it back on? There are 2 icons above the camera feed one disables the motion the other I am guessing was originally setup to disable the chime but now it opens the chime link settings as if they bailed out of the original design.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I personally don't know why they have not included the ability to turn on or off at will. I mean for what it is worth that portion of the system working is done by a Relay that is in the camera.. I mean we already know it can be added later. Why is it so hard for someone to come up with a app icon that when on then tells the camera if app icon on for doorbell off don't latch the relay. I know they know where that info is in the software it isn't like it is some hidden part of the program. I know this because they can via the App tell the camera to run the Relay at 3 to 10 seconds and this info can change at the persons will. Meaning right now I can go in to my Digital area, Change the 7 seconds for latch of the relay to anything from 3 to 10 seconds. Which is where that HIDDEN Gem of feature would be if someone clicked icon like the Note, It would turn off the Ringer in the house. I personally don't know why they have not done it..
I mean on the AD410 they have a Privacy Mode installed in the App WTH why would I want to turn off a Camera that is on my Front Porch? I mean it isn't a ASH21 or a 841V3 where someone might install camera in room and want or need Privacy at any given time... Think Privacy mode for AD410 is bad idea.
Be Safe
azsoccerpop

Post by azsoccerpop »

Funny thing is in the app on the devices page there are 2 little icons just above the image of my front door to the right. If you click the right most one it turns off motion detection. I have to believe the chime icon was originally meant for turn off and on but something made them change thier mind on its use which now makes no sense. Why would I need a quick shortcut to configure what chime I want to link? Its not like I would change it multiple times in a day.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That icon is like today on the left because of the issue with failing AD410 from people connecting the camera on Desk and choosing a doorbell when they didn't have one connected. IT was blowing up the cameras so they removed the option on the install setup and now you have to setup the doorbell chime after setup. Easy place to add it. Motion detection has always been there and still there on the AD410 as well along with Human detection. THe Note was easy place to setup for adding Chimes for people that use them.
Be Safe